Waggonz Class 90/Mk3 DVT released!

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Waggonz Class 90/Mk3 DVT released!

Post by gptech »

chrisreb wrote:When trying to apply some reskins from the library it says I need:

"In the GEML class90 pack there should be 4 repaints Bluewhite Bluewhitestriped"

I have applied the pack , the patch, the branding patch but do not have these - where do they come from.
Isn't the GEML class 90 one of those assets based on the .ap format? If so you'll have to extract the files from the .ap---think of it as an .rwp install package that doesn't actually need installing as the game can read and load the contents into memory 'on the fly'.
The .ap files can be opened with WinRAR, 7Zip and RW Tools, which has a routine to extract individual file(s) from the ap archive.

What folders do you see in the GEML class 90 pack?
chrisreb
Very Active Forum Member

Post by chrisreb »

No .ap files.

I have a Class90Pack and a Class90Pack01. They have the folders Audio Input Mappers Preload and Railvehicles. The Latter has 8 subfolders inclusing Class90 where the reskins are. Do the missing reskins come with the pack?

If so I will delete it all an reinstall again.
Merlin75
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Merlin75 »

In the Class90Pack01 folder there should be Class90GAAssets.ap at the bottom of the list as Gary said you will need to extract this. If it is missing then something has gone wrong.
[album 241806 sig.jpg]
chrisreb
Very Active Forum Member

Post by chrisreb »

Merlin75 wrote:In the Class90Pack01 folder there should be Class90GAAssets.ap at the bottom of the list as Gary said you will need to extract this. If it is missing then something has gone wrong.

Not there so will install again. I purchased direct from AP not via Steam - are the packages different?
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

chrisreb wrote:Not there so will install again. I purchased direct from AP not via Steam - are the packages different?
Yes. The reskins you're trying to install are for the Steam distributed version so it's hardly surprising that you don't have the .ap file.
chrisreb
Very Active Forum Member

Post by chrisreb »

OK many thanks
ckmemphis
Well Established Forum Member

Post by ckmemphis »

Regards,
Craig K
msey0002
Very Active Forum Member

Post by msey0002 »

Really disappointed that this is only available to purchasers of the Steam 90. if I want this (4 EUR), that's an extra 15 EUR (19 EUR in total, a bit less than what I paid for the original pack)
Merlin75
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Merlin75 »

ckmemphis wrote:Have you guys seen this....?

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 664&type=3
£2.99 from marketplace I can live with that.
[album 241806 sig.jpg]
push2play
Getting the hang of things now

Post by push2play »

Ugh. ~18 EUR on the original pack from AP, 14 EUR on the GEML pack, now ~5 EUR for these two... this is fast becoming a really expensive piece of DLC. Yes, I know, no one is forcing me to buy it.
deltic009
Very Active Forum Member

Post by deltic009 »

msey0002 wrote:Really disappointed that this is only available to purchasers of the Steam 90. if I want this (4 EUR), that's an extra 15 EUR (19 EUR in total, a bit less than what I paid for the original pack)
Who could have predicted someone would complain, despite it being clearly stated that WITHOUT Marketplace it would cost an EXTRA £9. It is such a shame that such a high quality product from top notch developers is derided for nothing more than people feeling like they're being cheated on in a marriage. You could look back through this thread for before the GE Class 90 announcement and you wouldn't find one genuinely bitter sounding post, but post announcement and how the worm turns. AP/Waggonz etc deserve all the money they can get and the future success or development that the money might enable.

Nobody needs this, they just want it, and if you want it then its rude to question the prices set by those who have made it.

RSC get lots of stick over pricing etc, but has noone noticed the quantity of non partner programme stuff being released? A lot of the money is going back in in terms of more staff, more study visits and more stuff being released more often.
Matthew Wilson, development team at Vulcan Productions

http://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/VulcanFoundry/
Well Established Forum Member

Post by 31160 »

I agree to this one, lets be fair if yiou look at at the numerous 66's RSC churn out the oportunity for those who want this to run, and lets not forget the WCML south isnt far away now, to buy it at just £3 when a magazine at WH often costs more is a bargin, yes you have to buy the RSC 90 to make it work but i take this as someone takeing notice of us being either RSC or AP but i see this as a possitve thing
wyliecoyote
Been on the forums for a while

Post by wyliecoyote »

For those with no access to Facebook.

Click the image to zoom in

Click the image to zoom in

I have to admit £2.99 for a couple of good quality reskins isn't bad, a darn sight better than the £11.99 we normally get charged. OK, I admit if you haven't got the GEML Class 90 it does make it a little expensive but that's the choice people have to make. It least with this provider you know the quality is going to be exceptional.

Andrew
holzroller
Very Active Forum Member

Post by holzroller »

Personally I will be buying these even though they are a bit too recent for me. I know that the quality will be good and I know that it will support future projects. Personally I thought the original pack was under-priced compared to other some manufacturers offerings, but AP have always provided good value and even with the steam add-ons they still give a lot of bang for your buck. Given the long development time I have no objection to them getting some financial reward, I wonder how many others would show such restraint with their potential earnings.
TElsmore
Very Active Forum Member

Post by TElsmore »

I will be buying these, £2.99 for what we know will be quality re-skins!? Bring on the trumpets!!

Cheers
Terrone

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”