Waggonz Class 90/Mk3 DVT released!

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

deltic009
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Waggonz Class 90/Mk3 DVT released!

Post by deltic009 »

spellow3010 wrote:....It is so short, so that trains have minimal risk of getting trapped inside the dead section...
A friend of mine managed to do it from 90mph on a 323, terrible wheelflats and poor door seals meant that he couldn't hear the vigilance device sound and when it tripped the emergency brakes and landed square in the middle!
Matthew Wilson, development team at Vulcan Productions

http://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/VulcanFoundry/
bdy26
Very Active Forum Member

Waggonz Class 90/Mk3 DVT released!

Post by bdy26 »

I was on a Pendo earlier in the year, and the first signal south of Carlisle failed safe and the rear pan was caught in the neutral when we stopped on the gradient. Took about 5 mins to shut down and reboot the train having swapped to the front pan (which they used to use as default for that reason).

At least with modern traction it doesn't take 30s to run down through the notches!

B
http://bdy26.co.uk/sbhh/

Builder of The Cockermouth Keswick and Penrith Railway and Lancaster to Carlisle for RW; purveyor of dirty diesels to Vulcan Productions.
jarmstro
Well Established Forum Member

Post by jarmstro »

A second patch is out (v1.2). Fixes to the Brakes, Horn and scenarios. Ii does not patch the RSC model however.

John A
AndyUK
Very Active Forum Member

Post by AndyUK »

I've got the Steam version and have been tempted to get the one direct from AP as well so can anyone tell me if the v1.2 patch fixes the slight inaccuracy whereby using the cruise control to reduce speed will apply the train brake whereas in the prototype it doesn't? The AP site doesn't give much more detail on the extent of the patch apart from what John A posted above.

Andy L
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

Hi Andy, this latest patch, updates the AP version to include the changes we made to the Steam version. (except the input mapper changes).

Dave
AndyUK
Very Active Forum Member

Post by AndyUK »

Thanks Dave, I'm still tempted!

Andy L
DavidVI

Post by DavidVI »

DaveDewhurst wrote:Hi Andy, this latest patch, updates the AP version to include the changes we made to the Steam version. (except the input mapper changes).

Dave
Sorry to bring this up again. But is there a reason the Steam GEML 90 doesn't have any nameplates? Is it a copyright issue?
Merlin75
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Merlin75 »

DavidVI wrote:
DaveDewhurst wrote:Hi Andy, this latest patch, updates the AP version to include the changes we made to the Steam version. (except the input mapper changes).

Dave
Sorry to bring this up again. But is there a reason the Steam GEML 90 doesn't have any nameplates? Is it a copyright issue?
I hope the guys at Waggonz do a nameplate patch. Or anyone else that can model 3d nameplates for that matter.
[album 241806 sig.jpg]
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

Merlin75 wrote:I hope the guys at Waggonz do a nameplate patch. Or anyone else that can model 3d nameplates for that matter.
Haven't got any current plans but if someone else wants to have a crack at them for an upload to the library, We'll help with a method to make them work as one engine, rather than having each namer as a different blueprint.

Dave
Merlin75
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Merlin75 »

Guess I'll have to keep looking for a idiots guide to making 3d nameplates and getting them into the game then.
[album 241806 sig.jpg]
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

deltic009 wrote:
spellow3010 wrote:....It is so short, so that trains have minimal risk of getting trapped inside the dead section...
A friend of mine managed to do it from 90mph on a 323, terrible wheelflats and poor door seals meant that he couldn't hear the vigilance device sound and when it tripped the emergency brakes and landed square in the middle!
The Longsight one's I used to drive did not have any door seal problems - they were quite good sets.
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
DavidVI

Post by DavidVI »

DaveDewhurst wrote:
Merlin75 wrote:I hope the guys at Waggonz do a nameplate patch. Or anyone else that can model 3d nameplates for that matter.
Haven't got any current plans but if someone else wants to have a crack at them for an upload to the library, We'll help with a method to make them work as one engine, rather than having each namer as a different blueprint.

Dave
Thanks Dave.

It is a shame the AP version has all the plaques, nicely modelled.. torturing us ! :p

I just started reskinning the mk3s with the GEML 90 but was wondering how to remove the logo on only one reskin.. I didn't know if you'd be the person to ask for advice on this as they are originally RSC coaches I believe? Worth an ask I thought.
deltic009
Very Active Forum Member

Post by deltic009 »

749006 wrote:
deltic009 wrote:
The Longsight one's I used to drive did not have any door seal problems - they were quite good sets.
This one was Central Trains under the stewardship of Soho LMD - the wheelflats combined with poor seals sounded like a gattling gun above 60mph and some units had a speed restriction purely due to the in cab noise.
Matthew Wilson, development team at Vulcan Productions

http://www.vulcanproductions.co.uk
https://www.facebook.com/VulcanFoundry/
chrisreb
Very Active Forum Member

Post by chrisreb »

When trying to apply some reskins from the library it says I need:

"In the GEML class90 pack there should be 4 repaints Bluewhite Bluewhitestriped"

I have applied the pack , the patch, the branding patch but do not have these - where do they come from.
phat2003uk
SWTVR Assistant Manager

Post by phat2003uk »

Are you sure you have the GEML Class 90 pack which is available from Steam? Mention of the patch seems to suggest it's the original main pack you have from the AP website?

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”