Waggonz Class 90/Mk3 DVT released!

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

Very Active Forum Member

Re: Waggonz Class 90/Mk3 DVT released!

Post by 749006 »

Rockdoc2174 wrote:I found, by pure accident it has to be said, that putting the brake lever in the release position for a short time always resolves sluggish behaviour. I think the problem is that there is no indication of regenerative braking on the desk and even a small amount in use makes an enormous difference to the loco's performance. With no bar in the HUD until the pneumatics kick in it's an easy mistake to make.

Keith
In theory it should not be possible for the loco to be braking and taking power at the same time.

I held the brake leaver at Off until the Train Pipe shows 5.0 Bar and the loco Brakes show Off so how do I know they are not released?
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

Ok. On the advice you gave me I did another QD with the same train and held the brake lever in the off position as we departed Carstairs until passing East Jn and it worked. :D

The old girl (?) was wizzing uphil towards Beatock Summit at 102 after 4 mins.
So thanks for the advice. I will remember to keep the brake lever in Off for longer.

Thanks

Peter :)
My Railway Pictures
RichyV
Well Established Forum Member

Post by RichyV »

If you use the HUD - just once if you wish not to use it all of the time with this model - you will notice that if you release the brake 'release' after the pressure reaches zero, it crawls back up slightly, and only holding it at 'released' for a further 4 seconds or so stops this behaviour.

Prototypical? I have no idea............
Intel Core i5 4670K @ 4.4GHz # Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z87 mobo # Samsung EVO 840 SSD # MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
# 16GB Corsair 1600MHz RAM # OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W PSU # Corsair H80i CPU Cooler # MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

Carstairs to Carlisle RES 90 & 9 MK1s

&

Carlisle Northbound using Speed control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67b7cBis ... e=youtu.be

Dave

EDIT, somehow Ive accidentally duplicated the Carstairs to Carlisle one :oops: , but rest assured there wasn't any issues with the other
ckmemphis

Post by ckmemphis »

Patch 1.1 has been released, fixes braking problem. Get it on AP site...
Regards,
Craig K
1S811985

Post by 1S811985 »

Now that I've spent a few in hours in the cabs of this I feel qualified to add to the chorus of praise .

A delight to drive, more functionality than you can shake a keyboard at, just about every livery ever carried, an endless procession of tiny details demonstrating the time, thought and effort that has gone into it, an absolute steal at the full price.

I've not encountered a random fault yet but I like the idea that these can occur without warning. I'm loving the visual alerts for AWS and DSD.

Cant say I experienced any issues when operating the braking system but then I took the trouble to actually read the manual first. I'll admit that the lack of any brake dial reading when using dynamic was a little disconcerting at first but I quickly got used to using the ammeter's and speedometer instead and it would appear that this has been addressed by the patch anyway.

All in all this release dosen't so much raise the bar as launch it into orbit and I'm so glad that I decided to wait for Waggonz 87 rather than rush in for the bog standard offering that's available already.

Regards,

1S81
I know what gold does to men's souls.
msey0002
Very Active Forum Member

Post by msey0002 »

Do we need to install the MK3s/branding, etc again after installing the patch?
phat2003uk
SWTVR Assistant Manager

Post by phat2003uk »

Shouldn't have to Mark :).
msey0002
Very Active Forum Member

Post by msey0002 »

Thanks, Richard :D
Fodda
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Fodda »

1S811985 wrote:... Cant say I experienced any issues when operating the braking system but then I took the trouble to actually read the manual first...
I read the manual through a few times before posting my findings. As a professional medical equipment end-user document writer I ALWAYS read manuals. Perhaps you'd care to actually read my posts before adding snide comments? Jeeez.
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

I had a stange problem - and AFAIK it's not mentioned in the manual.

A bit of late braking saw me go in to Emergency.
I was really belting along on H2H when I got a distant for a 60kph/37mph crossing - Not Good :o

After the train has stopped I could only keep the brakes off by holding the brake handle in release and as soon as I let go the Pressure dropped to 4.5 Bar
My 'Randon Faults' was switched off and it does not mention a brake fault.

Any suggestions if it happens again?

Thanks

Peter
My Railway Pictures
x5pgr
Been on the forums for a while

Post by x5pgr »

Looking forward to hearing of any views generally on the performance of the class 90 following the release of the patch. I am away from my computer for a while and unable to try out to next week.

Thanks

Peter
Intel i7 3820 3.6Ghz, Asus PX79Pro, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3, Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX970, Windows 7 64 bit, TS2016 on Samsung EVO SSD
Makeone
Established Forum Member

Post by Makeone »

749006 wrote:I had a stange problem - and AFAIK it's not mentioned in the manual.

A bit of late braking saw me go in to Emergency.
I was really belting along on H2H when I got a distant for a 60kph/37mph crossing - Not Good :o

After the train has stopped I could only keep the brakes off by holding the brake handle in release and as soon as I let go the Pressure dropped to 4.5 Bar
My 'Randon Faults' was switched off and it does not mention a brake fault.

Any suggestions if it happens again?

Thanks

Peter
I had similar on the WCML-N and it was caused the cruise control that was also braking when i had to steepen the braking curve and the cruise control brake setting was left on. I only managed to remove it by setting the cruise control to less than my current speed so took control of the braking again, then it returned to normal operation.

By the way Waggonz, why the sun blinds doesn't work... :D
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

Just put the throttle to 0, (especially after an emergency application) otherwise when you released the brakes you'd just shoot off again,

And the front sun blinds work last time I checked
The catch for the side ones has fallen off sometime during a stay at a depot so they wont remain up anymore. :D

Dave
1S811985

Post by 1S811985 »

Fodda wrote: I read the manual through a few times before posting my findings. As a professional medical equipment end-user document writer I ALWAYS read manuals. Perhaps you'd care to actually read my posts before adding snide comments? Jeeez.
I did read your posts. I even tried replicating your "beta" testing and concluded, as others had, that you were driving with some residual brake application, most likely caused by not holding the brake lever in the release position long enough.

BTW I haven't encountered any issues with the speed controller either.

Regards,

1S81
I know what gold does to men's souls.

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”