Waggonz Class 90/Mk3 DVT released!

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

DavidVI
Well Established Forum Member

Re: Waggonz Class 90/Mk3 DVT released!

Post by DavidVI »

Maybe not related to the loco itself. But why is it sometimes the horn doesn't work in cab, only exterior? It happens in particular activities, yet is fine in others..

any ideas?
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 220389 »

DavidVI wrote:Maybe not related to the loco itself. But why is it sometimes the horn doesn't work in cab, only exterior? It happens in particular activities, yet is fine in others..

any ideas?
Imagine it is a TS bug more then anything, as randomly come across it. Which scenarios is it happening for you?

Chris
Rising Storm -Name is in the credits :D - To Do scenario, where you go along at 50mph in a Pendo? Who would play it?
Anyone want to help in Play Testing future Rising Storm/ Ro2 Maps? If so please PM me.
DavidVI

Post by DavidVI »

220389 wrote:
DavidVI wrote:Maybe not related to the loco itself. But why is it sometimes the horn doesn't work in cab, only exterior? It happens in particular activities, yet is fine in others..

any ideas?
Imagine it is a TS bug more then anything, as randomly come across it. Which scenarios is it happening for you?

Chris
One of my own, I could have sworn it was fine before.. then no more horn!

I can't seem to resolve it. Any ideas? I think one way is to delete the train and re place it but that means losing the schedule.
phat2003uk
SWTVR Assistant Manager

Post by phat2003uk »

It's purely an audio resource jobby related to use of instance groups. If you restart the simulator before loading a simulator it shouldn't occur. A forthcoming update will remove the instance groups and hopefully prevent this problem from happening full stop.
DavidVI

Post by DavidVI »

phat2003uk wrote:It's purely an audio resource jobby related to use of instance groups. If you restart the simulator before loading a simulator it shouldn't occur. A forthcoming update will remove the instance groups and hopefully prevent this problem from happening full stop.
Thanks Richard, a forthcoming update, is that for the 90 pack?

I deleted the loco and replaced it, horn worked till I exited the activity and reloaded it :P. I guess i'll just ignore it for time being as it will be fixed eventually :)
phat2003uk
SWTVR Assistant Manager

Post by phat2003uk »

Believe me David, don't go wasting your time deleting and re-adding the locomotive, simply restart the sim :). And yes, there will be a small further update to the Class 90/Mk3 DVT Pack.
DavidVI

Post by DavidVI »

phat2003uk wrote:Believe me David, don't go wasting your time deleting and re-adding the locomotive, simply restart the sim :). And yes, there will be a small further update to the Class 90/Mk3 DVT Pack.
Look forward to it!

Any plans to do the GA livery? I believe the mk3's have or are going off to be put into the proper GA livery with white bodies and red doors!
K2rover
Established Forum Member

Post by K2rover »

Was lucky enough to get a cab ride in a GA Class 90 and DVT today. What an awesome train - the feeling of power and speed was just immense! And the clear view looking right down on the track made you feel the speed that bit more. Hope there is still a future for loco hauled train sets on the mainline in the future - so much better than EMUs. Will be gutted to see the Class 91s go on the ECML and 90s on the Great Eastern - just won't ever be the same again! I did notice the headlights are more powerful than the ones on the game where you can hardly see anything at night. Apparently, the headlights on the GA 90s have just been upgraded - a shame the simulated version can't reflect that. It's also a shame that simulations don't include neutral sections as it would add a bit of interest/skill/knowledge knowing when to shut off power etc. I think I'm going to go for a nice simulated run now on the Great Eastern.
spellow3010
Established Forum Member

Post by spellow3010 »

Hi K2,
I've been pretty good at powering down my AC locos on WCML North for neutral sections. It helps to know what you are looking for of course, but the signage is there... Not played much on GEML to be honest, so I can't say for certain if the nuetrals are signed on that route. If they are, then I will keep my eye out when I get the 90 out.
That .geopdx file is not a code used by the Rebel Alliance...
DavidVI

Post by DavidVI »

spellow3010 wrote:Hi K2,
I've been pretty good at powering down my AC locos on WCML North for neutral sections. It helps to know what you are looking for of course, but the signage is there... Not played much on GEML to be honest, so I can't say for certain if the nuetrals are signed on that route. If they are, then I will keep my eye out when I get the 90 out.
I don't think there are any neutral section signs on GEML :(.
firetrap1
Very Active Forum Member

Post by firetrap1 »

DavidVI wrote:
Assets for the GEML route contain Neutral section warning boards, but the route doesn't have any of them shown in game. Perhaps RSC ran out of time to place them beside the track prior to release.

Would love to find some info on where the neutral sections are in real life and then put the boards in myself. I think it was supposed to be every 15miles down the line???

chris
Scottish Born Scenario Writer
i7 6700K 4.4GHz Overclock - 16Gb Corsair VengeanceDDR4 3200MHz - Asus MaximusVIII Mobo - Asus GTX1080 A8G 8GB GDDR5X - 240Gb+480Gb Crucial BX200 SSD Windows10 (64Bit) - Corsair HX750i
K2rover
Established Forum Member

Post by K2rover »

I now know there's a neutral section at Manningtree at the Harwich junction because the driver said it's always a pain when starting out from the station going up to Ipswich (particularly when trying to make up time).

I've just noticed the neutral sections on WCML North. It's a shame that there isn't an impact on the train if you don't shut off power.
nschichan
Been on the forums for a while

Post by nschichan »

firetrap1 wrote:
DavidVI wrote:
Assets for the GEML route contain Neutral section warning boards, but the route doesn't have any of them shown in game. Perhaps RSC ran out of time to place them beside the track prior to release.

Would love to find some info on where the neutral sections are in real life and then put the boards in myself. I think it was supposed to be every 15miles down the line???

chris
Hi Chris,

You can find the location of the neutral sections in the Network Rail National Sectional Appendix.

The one covering the GEML is available here (starting at page 107 for Liverpool Street to Ipswitch):

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/browse%20d ... pendix.pdf

Look for OHNS (Overhead Neutral Sections ?) info in the "Location" column. This will give you the distance from Liverpool Street where the neutral section is found.

I hope this helps :)

Regards,
--
nschichan
firetrap1
Very Active Forum Member

Post by firetrap1 »

Hi Chris,

You can find the location of the neutral sections in the Network Rail National Sectional Appendix.

The one covering the GEML is available here (starting at page 107 for Liverpool Street to Ipswitch):

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/browse%20d ... pendix.pdf

Look for OHNS (Overhead Neutral Sections ?) info in the "Location" column. This will give you the distance from Liverpool Street where the neutral section is found.

I hope this helps :)

Regards,

Brilliant. Thanks mate.
Scottish Born Scenario Writer
i7 6700K 4.4GHz Overclock - 16Gb Corsair VengeanceDDR4 3200MHz - Asus MaximusVIII Mobo - Asus GTX1080 A8G 8GB GDDR5X - 240Gb+480Gb Crucial BX200 SSD Windows10 (64Bit) - Corsair HX750i
spellow3010
Established Forum Member

Post by spellow3010 »

Out of interest - although we know the signs are not placed on GEML for neutral sections, has the overhead line equipment been modelled to reflect a neutral section being there?

I say this because on WCML North, the APC (automatic power control) magnets are there, and the overhead line gantries reflect what would be there in place at a neutral section. To make GEML more accurate, it may need more than a few signs being amended, which is way off my skill in editor.

The presence of APC magnets in real life on approach to neutral sections does kind of negate any negative effects of 'not powering down' on approach to neutral sections. They act as a 'last defence' for any electric train driver who may have forgotten to power down/run down on approach to the neutral section.

It's worth looking up the anatomy of a neutral section - there is only about 8ft (beaded glass wire) that is effectively dead throughout the length of a neutral section. It is so short, so that trains have minimal risk of getting trapped inside the dead section, but it is short enough that there is a risk of 'arcing' through the section if a train is still at full power upon passing through it. That's why the APC magnets are there.
That .geopdx file is not a code used by the Rebel Alliance...

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”