DVT Problems

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

Drogba11CFC
Well Established Forum Member

DVT Problems

Post by Drogba11CFC »

I have discovered that the DVT by Armstrong Powerhouse is causing problems in TS. Any scenario that utilises it either generates an OOM error or freezes on the scenario loading screen. Attempting to use it in the editor also causes the game to freeze. Does anyone have a solution?

My specs are Ryzen 3700 @ 4.1GHz, RTX 2060 and 16GB RAM (2×8) DDR4.
Chelsea FC 2009/10 Premier League Champions and FA Cup winners
Currently reached: AP4
alanch
Very Active Forum Member

Re: DVT Problems

Post by alanch »

If you tell me which DVT - the name would help - I'll try it for you. I've been testing plenty of rolling stock lately, and I can't remember any problems with these.

I assume you are running the 64 bit version of TS.
Alan

My railway photos are now on Google + - links to the albums are in this thread http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. ... 9&t=149558

Lots of steam and early diesels from 1959 to 1963.
Drogba11CFC

Post by Drogba11CFC »

It's the one from the pack on AP. DVTPack01 I think. (I say this because ticking the box in the editor caused the game to freeze and I think it's the entire pack.)
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

Drogba11CFC wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:50 pm It's the one from the pack on AP. DVTPack01 I think. (I say this because ticking the box in the editor caused the game to freeze and I think it's the entire pack.)
There is no DVT Pack for sale

The AP Class 90 does come with a DVT and inside the \railworks\Assets\AP_Waggonz\Class90Pack01\ is a RailVehicles\MK3DVT folder.
And there are two different versions of the DVT - those with a UNI Suffix can also work with some diesels but they don't have all the features.

Which DVT are you trying to use and with which loco?

Peter
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
alanch
Very Active Forum Member

Post by alanch »

749006 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:21 pm
Drogba11CFC wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:50 pm It's the one from the pack on AP. DVTPack01 I think. (I say this because ticking the box in the editor caused the game to freeze and I think it's the entire pack.)
There is no DVT Pack for sale

The AP Class 90 does come with a DVT and inside the \railworks\Assets\AP_Waggonz\Class90Pack01\ is a RailVehicles\MK3DVT folder.
And there are two different versions of the DVT - those with a UNI Suffix can also work with some diesels but they don't have all the features.

Which DVT are you trying to use and with which loco?

Peter
Strange - I'm pretty sure there are two packs. I have the AP Class 90 and Mark3 DVT pack (direct from AP) as well as the Class90Pack 01 (GEML Class 90 Pack from Steam). Both appear as Provider APWaggonz, the first with the DVTs in Product MK3DVT, and the second as Product Class90Pack01. That's why I asked which one, and preferably for the name that the OP tried to load.
Alan

My railway photos are now on Google + - links to the albums are in this thread http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. ... 9&t=149558

gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Drogba11CFC wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:50 pm DVTPack01
There isn't a DVTPack01--the DVT that came with the first Class 90 pack installs to a Mk3DVT folder.
Drogba11CFC wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:50 pm DVTPack01 I think. (I say this because ticking the box in the editor caused the game to freeze and I think it's the entire pack.)
Do you mean Class90Pack01?--that's the GEML liveried stock. Just what are you ticking in the editor--what you're actually clicking, NOT what you think it is. Nobody can help you if you don't provide accurate information.
alanch
Very Active Forum Member

Post by alanch »

I've just had time to check my Mark 3 DVTs, and I can't find any problem.

I selected both packs - AP-Waggonz\Class90Pack01 and AP-Waggonz\MK3DVT - and then loaded each vehicle where the name begins with 'MK3 DVT' one at a time. All loaded correctly.

These are my computer specs - getting a bit old now.

Chillblast Fusion Krypton Gaming PC

Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K Skylake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.5 - 3.9GHz
Overclocking: Overclock my CPU by up to 20%
Motherboard: Asus Z170M-PLUS Motherboard
Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card
OS Drive: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive
TS Drive: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO Sata III Solid State Drive

As Gary says, we need more information from Drogba11CFC before we can help with the problem. How much other rolling stock was added, if any, to which route when the crash happened would help, and which pack was ticked?
Alan

Drogba11CFC

Post by Drogba11CFC »

The route was the Kyle Line, and it was the Inverness free roam; I selected it by mistake.

However, scenarios with the AP-Waggonz/Mk3DVT in them will either OOM or freeze on the loading screen.
ReefGB
Getting the hang of things now

Post by ReefGB »

I use (and specifically bought for the sole purpose) the AP MK3 DVT with Major Wale's TfW livery, and it works flawlessly for me (though I do wish the fan noise was quieter and the engine noise louder if I'm honest)
Not tried it with any other standard liveries though.
alanch
Very Active Forum Member

Post by alanch »

Drogba11CFC wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:50 pm The route was the Kyle Line, and it was the Inverness free roam; I selected it by mistake.

However, scenarios with the AP-Waggonz/Mk3DVT in them will either OOM or freeze on the loading screen.
Have you tried setting up a free roam on the Kyle Line, and then adding a DVT to it?
Alan

gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Drogba11CFC wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:50 pm The route was the Kyle Line, and it was the Inverness free roam; I selected it by mistake.

Is this a new purchase which you've never had working?
If you've had it working before, have you installed any reskins for the DVT/Class 90 recently?
Do you have a backup?
SkylineBoy

Post by SkylineBoy »

ReefGB wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:45 am (though I do wish the fan noise was quieter and the engine noise louder if I'm honest)
But it cannot have a louder engine noise because it hasnt got one??
Drogba11CFC

Post by Drogba11CFC »

gptech wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:08 am

Is this a new purchase which you've never had working?
If you've had it working before, have you installed any reskins for the DVT/Class 90 recently?
Do you have a backup?
Not recently; only one I installed were the Virgin Logo patch. Tried reinstalling on Monday; no joy.

It worked fine when it first came out. First trouble was when the 56EP scenarios froze while loading; the 56EP otherwise worked fine.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Drogba11CFC wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:21 pm only one I installed were the Virgin Logo patch
Which patch would that be?
Drogba11CFC wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:21 pm First trouble was when the 56EP scenarios froze while loading
When was "when"?---last year, last month….?
ReefGB
Getting the hang of things now

Post by ReefGB »

SkylineBoy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:41 pm
ReefGB wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:45 am (though I do wish the fan noise was quieter and the engine noise louder if I'm honest)
But it cannot have a louder engine noise because it hasnt got one??
So.... Quiet then..

:lol:

My bad I forgot the DVT was a DVT. :oops:

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”