The Wycombe Railway and Joint Line - Download available

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

johnrossetti
Very Active Forum Member

Re: The Wycombe Railway and Joint Line - Download available

Post by johnrossetti »

So so good Peter. Thank you very much for all your work.
As I said before I would love to add the two MOD depots once I have finished the senarios for Corsica.
Way things are going might be in time for Christmas !!
Thanks again Peter
John
pgdll
Been on the forums for a while

Post by pgdll »

Thanks John. You may find adding extra track a challenge as the save process now takes several minutes.

Regards
Peter
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

pgdll wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:17 am the save process now takes several minutes.
It shouldn't do, so it suggests that there's a fundamental flaw/issue in the route's Tracks.bin file.
FoggyMorning
Very Active Forum Member

Post by FoggyMorning »

gptech wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:40 am
pgdll wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:17 am the save process now takes several minutes.
It shouldn't do, so it suggests that there's a fundamental flaw/issue in the route's Tracks.bin file.
I don't think that's necessarily true. My own experience, and that of several other route builders, suggests that as the track network gets more complicated and larger, saving changes to that network takes a significantly longer time. I wouldn't rule out flaws in the Tracks.bin files of my own routes of course, but anecdotal evidence suggests it is likely a bottleneck in the program itself rather than anything route-specific.
alanch
Very Active Forum Member

Post by alanch »

FoggyMorning wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:56 am
gptech wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:40 am
I don't think that's necessarily true. My own experience, and that of several other route builders, suggests that as the track network gets more complicated and larger, saving changes to that network takes a significantly longer time. I wouldn't rule out flaws in the Tracks.bin files of my own routes of course, but anecdotal evidence suggests it is likely a bottleneck in the program itself rather than anything route-specific.
I've just dragged Tracks.bin from this route onto Serz.exe, and it takes over a minute to turn it into Tracks.xml, so a couple of minutes to save the route doesn't seem excessive. The xml has 3173261 lines of code!

EDIT I've had a quick look at the xml with XML Copy Editor, and there don't appear to be any obvious errors - it says the xml is 'well formed'. But I'm no expert on xml.
Alan

My railway photos are now on Google + - links to the albums are in this thread http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. ... 9&t=149558

Lots of steam and early diesels from 1959 to 1963.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

alanch wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:55 pm so a couple of minutes to save the route doesn't seem excessive
I'd agree, but a couple of minutes isn't as long as several minutes.

We could do with a reasonably accurate timing after an edit.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

You weren't far off... 2 minutes and 13 seconds was the average time for 3 seperate track edits on my machine.

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”