ATS - Leeds Lines merge with WCMLS

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

dumpadillo
Well Established Forum Member

ATS - Leeds Lines merge with WCMLS

Post by dumpadillo »

Can it be made clear to me please - to install the above line the blurb is telling me I need 7 other routes to be present for this to work. Now I have all 7 routes but does it mean the Assets of those routes or the Content or BOTH must be installed? I'm asking because I only keep 4 or 5 routes in my Content folder at any one time whereas the Assets are always available. I have all DTG's routes ready in another Content folder which I use when I need to go online.
Cheers Dumps
jpvdveer
Established Forum Member

Re: ATS - Leeds Lines merge with WCMLS

Post by jpvdveer »

Assets only - routes never rely on each other's Content as far as I'm aware.
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

There is no way the Leeds lines - Leeds to Doncaster can be merged with WCMLS - London to Birmingham

The merge is for the London to Peterborough from DTG and the York to Peterborough (Modern) from Creative Rails - both available thru Steam
Those two routes are Necessary along with the ATS OHLE Pack
Requirements

ATS OHLE Pack
Leeds Lines and it's dependencies
DTG East Coast Mainline South Kings Cross - Peterborough
Creative Rail - Peterborough - York
DTG North London & Goblin lines
DTG PDL
DTG Southampton Bournemouth (SWML)
DTG South London Lines
DTG Great Eastern Mainline (Liverpool Street - Ipswich)
As to the requirements of the other routes I do not know - you could ask on the ATS Forum as somebody will have it
Did you also notice the route is Members Only for £32.99 a Year

Peter
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Leeds |Lines is one of the required routes for the merge; this route also calls for 2 more payware asset sets:

DTG Liverpool Manchester
Just Trains Common Library
dumpadillo

Post by dumpadillo »

Thanks for the replies,silly of me of course I meant ECMLS. I already have Leeds Lines installed and that works fine. With the long list of routes required for the merger of Leeds Lines and ECMLS,all of which I have, I wondered if they all had to be installed ie. Contents and Assets or will the Assets just suffice as I don't have all routes installed on a permanent basis as I 've already explained. jpvdveer seems to think I only need the Assets!!! So can someone answer that please. Yes Peter I'm aware of the cost.
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 749006 »

It is just the Assets from those routes you require - the Content (route) are not needed.
On purchasing the Add-on you could delete the route from your Content folder just leaving the Assets in place.

If I were getting this Add-on I would ignore those DTG routes I don't have then run the route to see what is missing visually.

I personally don't understand why so many extras are required as the route obviously needs L2P and Y2P (Modern) but all the NNL, GEML, SWML, SLL?

Peter
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
dumpadillo

Post by dumpadillo »

Thanks Peter,has put my mind at rest.
Dumps
FoggyMorning
Very Active Forum Member

Post by FoggyMorning »

I would have thought you do need the original routes to be installed for a merged route to be installed (as opposed to a completely new build, where you would only need assets), as many of the scenery/terrain/loft/mixmap tiles will be unaltered from the original and need to be copied across to the new route.
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

FoggyMorning wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:37 pm many of the scenery/terrain/loft/mixmap tiles will be unaltered from the original and need to be copied across to the new route.
Those tile files usually come as part of any merged route, but even if they don't the original route still doesn't need to be installed--you only require access to any files that require copying.

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”