Class 56 - cab lights

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

J1o2h3n4
Very Active Forum Member

Class 56 - cab lights

Post by J1o2h3n4 »

Hi ,
just installed a WS scenario "[WCML 1980s - 02] - oil see you Later part 1" The scenario start time is 0200, so consequently, the cab is in complete darkness. So I pressed "I" and instruments lit up then pressed "L", no cab lights. Using TS Tools cloned the scenario and altered start time to 1200. Pressed "L" again and noticed desk switch moved but as before no discernable difference in cab lighting. The author of this scenario advised installing the VProducts Class 56 EP pack texture pack (AP Class 56 EP Pack VP Patches).
Has anybody got this class56 with/w'out the VP addition and has "L" working correctly?

Thx JohnT
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Class 56 - cab lights

Post by gptech »

J1o2h3n4 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:34 am Has anybody got this class56 with/w'out the VP addition and has "L" working correctly?
Yeah, sort of...start a scenario and the loco cab (no enhancements at all) is like this:

pressing the L key on the keyboard gives:

Which livery is the loco carrying?...if it's a VP reskin I'd imagine that as supplied you'd need the AP Enhancement pack installed. That doesn't mean that you simply MUST have it; there's probably nothing to stop you from using the textures with a default loco's .bin file as a base.
J1o2h3n4
Very Active Forum Member

Post by J1o2h3n4 »

Hi Gary,
thanks for replying. I'm afraid I'm not clever enough to mess about with locos bin files. But I do have the AP enhancement pack installed and the attatchments below show what is required and what I have.

Regards JiohnT
Attachments
56engine.jpg
56cab.jpg
56TS.jpg
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

Try other scenarios, with a selection of the liveries, and see if any have working cab lights.

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”