WCML South Class 350

General discussion about Train Simulator, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

peterfhayes
Very Active Forum Member

Re: WCML South Class 350

Post by peterfhayes »

I don't recall seeing CTRL+D to disable the DSD in any DTG originated TS manual.
I seem to recall that this was a feature of the AP enhancement packs and is mentioned in the specific manual as appropriate.
IMO it should be mentioned for old and new simmers if it is modelled.
pH
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

peterfhayes wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:44 pm I don't recall seeing CTRL+D to disable the DSD in any DTG originated TS manual.
page 6 of the class 92 manual
page 6 of the Virgin class 390 manual
page 10 of the North Wales Coast manual...…

….and probably quite a few more.
AndyUK
Very Active Forum Member

Post by AndyUK »

rosschris10 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:38 pm
749006 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:28 pm
AndyUK wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:13 pm Putting such information into a manual used to be standard practice but of late its omitted as are things like how to set the destination blind when creating a scenario. Less than an hour's work at the most as a lot can be cut and paste from a standard template.

Andy L
Agreed

Why they can not use what is almost the standard for a UK warning acknowledgement - Q - I'm not sure.
It could be used for AWS and DSD for the number of trains that Don't have a way of turning the DSD Off.
The GEML 360 comes to mind

Peter

Because Q is the aws rest

Dsd and aws are two different things you can’t bind one key for both :roll: :roll: :roll:
So why does pressing 'Q' in the Pendolino and others both acknowledge the AWS warning and reset the vigilance?

Andy L
rosschris10
Very Active Forum Member

Post by rosschris10 »

Not for me it does not i just checked.
AndyUK
Very Active Forum Member

Post by AndyUK »

749006 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:28 pm
AndyUK wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:13 pm Putting such information into a manual used to be standard practice but of late its omitted as are things like how to set the destination blind when creating a scenario. Less than an hour's work at the most as a lot can be cut and paste from a standard template.

Andy L
Agreed

Why they can not use what is almost the standard for a UK warning acknowledgement - Q - I'm not sure.
It could be used for AWS and DSD for the number of trains that Don't have a way of turning the DSD Off.
The GEML 360 comes to mind

Peter
I've not, yet, found a way of disabling the DSD/DVD on the GEML Class 360 and if it requires any change to the script then I'm stuffed. However if it's any consolation the 'Q' key does already both reset the vigilance and acknowledge an AWS warning. Examination of the input mapper shows that 'Q' is bound to two different controls despite someone's previous assertion that it can't be.

Andy L
peterfhayes
Very Active Forum Member

Post by peterfhayes »

Gary
Gosh!
page 6 of the class 92 manual
page 6 of the Virgin class 390 manual
page 10 of the North Wales Coast manual...…

….and probably quite a few more.
How did I miss that???? :oops: :oops: :oops:

From the Quartermaster's (Scout) song:
My eyes are dim, I cannot see,
I have not brought my specs with me!
I have not brought my specs with me!
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

peterfhayes wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:13 pm How did I miss that????
Same way we all do Peter...we "skim read", and because we mostly don't expect such features from DTG stock we just don't see them; which of course possibly explains why manuals have become so much slimmer over time---why produce something that most won't use?
lenfish
Well Established Forum Member

Post by lenfish »

As others have mentioned DTG offerings tend to have both the AWS and DVD warnings bound to the Q key. I have tried altering the relevant Input Mapper to make the E key cancel the DVD but it doesn't work as the Q key is still the one that cancels it. Anyone know if it can be done?

Regards,

Len
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

lenfish wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:49 pm As others have mentioned DTG offerings tend to have both the AWS and DVD warnings bound to the Q key. I have tried altering the relevant Input Mapper to make the E key cancel the DVD but it doesn't work as the Q key is still the one that cancels it. Anyone know if it can be done?

Regards,

Len
Give me an example of one youve tried

Dave
lenfish

Post by lenfish »

Dave,

Apologies for the delayed reply. One example is the Class 395 from Kent High speed where the Q key cancels both the AWS and DVD. In the input mapper the DVD is controlled by the numpad enter key and this does indeed cancel the DVD. If I try to remap the DVD to say the E key, this doesn't work and the numpad enter key still continues to cancel it (as does the Q key). At a loss to understand why.

Regards,

Len
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

Weird I just extracted the input mapper to outside the .ap file (keeping it in an InputMappers directory);
Replaced the 2 instances of "Numpad_Enter" with "Key_E" (both case sensitive) and it worked.
Want me to send you this one and you can see if it works?

Dave
lenfish

Post by lenfish »

Thanks Dave, that would be great.
Regards,
Len
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

I've uploaded the input mapper here.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=772 ... 6619059680

Dave
lenfish

Post by lenfish »

Dave, thanks for the file but it makes no difference I'm afraid, the E key has no affect whilst the number pad enter still cancels the DVD. It's almost as if its picking up the settings from a different input mapper but that's the only one there is. Must be something to do with my set up but what goodness knows! Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Len
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

Odd

You are putting it in ..\\RailWorks\Assets\RSC\KentHighSpeed\InputMappers?

Do you have any reskins for the 395? if so have a look in there and see if theyve provided a duplicate input mapper

If yes then no to those, then I'm at a loss

Dave

Return to “[TS] General Discussion”