WCML-N Scenario Pack - Scenario details in here please!

An effort to create some great new scenarios for the fantastic West Coast Mainline North add-on that you can buy from Steam.

Moderator: Moderators

1S811985
Well Established Forum Member

Re: WCML-N Scenario Pack - Scenario details in here please!

Post by 1S811985 »

The best laid plans, and all that.

I've had to ditch 1S19, at least for the freeware pack, as it wasn't working out quite as I'd intended.

Instead, I've done a shortish scenario featuring 6D62, the Oxwellmains to Viewpark cement working. Much as I would have liked to have taken it all the way to Viewpark itself I'm afraid the signalling around Polmadie wasn't being co-operative enough to allow an arrival, run-round and departure to take place without having to resort to TABing past certain signals. At least not if you wanted to run AI past the player train on anything other than the fast-lines. It's a nice wee half-hour though, with some challenging train handling on the many downhill approaches to red signals, and I might do a part-two as a regular download since I've got most of the timing's worked out anyway.

But no time soon. I'm WCML'd out, so far as scenario writing is concerned. Think Blyth and Tyne would be a welcome change of pace.

Cheers,

1S81
I know what gold does to men's souls.
FoggyMorning
Very Active Forum Member

Post by FoggyMorning »

I am in the process of making the final adjustments to my scenario and have a couple of questions; what is the best way to send this (e.g. an .rwp file or simply a .zip with the relevant files) and do any other items need to be included (such as a screenshot or a readme listing the stock used)?

Thanks in advance
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 220389 »

FoggyMorning wrote:I am in the process of making the final adjustments to my scenario and have a couple of questions; what is the best way to send this (e.g. an .rwp file or simply a .zip with the relevant files) and do any other items need to be included (such as a screenshot or a readme listing the stock used)?

Thanks in advance
I suggest send it in a zip file with a readme, saying description what is used etc. (example below)

Click to view more informationSkips Christmas Special - Just Trains & RSC 67 Verisons [267795 bytes] - Skips Christmas Special.zip
File ID: 27926 Date: 22 Dec 2011 - 468 Downloads

Here is an example from one of my activites.

For screenshot it is your choice, when i upload activities i use one and used it as the upload screen. Although for my activity for this i haven't done so yet, as waiting for testers feedback first.

Chris
Rising Storm -Name is in the credits :D - To Do scenario, where you go along at 50mph in a Pendo? Who would play it?
Anyone want to help in Play Testing future Rising Storm/ Ro2 Maps? If so please PM me.
FoggyMorning
Very Active Forum Member

Post by FoggyMorning »

Hi Chris; thanks for the tips - I guess what I'm really asking is should I basically include the same things as if I were directly uploading the scenario to UKTS?
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 220389 »

FoggyMorning wrote:Hi Chris; thanks for the tips - I guess what I'm really asking is should I basically include the same things as if I were directly uploading the scenario to UKTS?
I would say do it like that as thats what i have done for mine. Included the normal layout for the readme including all what is needed and used.

Also very welcome.

Chris
Rising Storm -Name is in the credits :D - To Do scenario, where you go along at 50mph in a Pendo? Who would play it?
Anyone want to help in Play Testing future Rising Storm/ Ro2 Maps? If so please PM me.
FoggyMorning
Very Active Forum Member

Post by FoggyMorning »

Thanks - I'll follow your advice I think and get it sent off to Jim. It's a very straightforward scenario but I do find it enjoyable sometimes to just have a nice high speed thrash in a diesel :D
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 220389 »

FoggyMorning wrote:Thanks - I'll follow your advice I think and get it sent off to Jim. It's a very straightforward scenario but I do find it enjoyable sometimes to just have a nice high speed thrash in a diesel :D
Very welcome :)

Title: FP - Helensburgh - Edinburgh Diverison

Player Train: Scotrail 156 (Satire) & SPT 156

Duration: 30 minutes ish or less

Difficulty: Easy.

Assets: WCML-N assets and Freeware Packs. Class 156, May use 66 but not finished yet

Season and Weather: Winter, Currently WN Clear, may be set to cloudly.

Chris
veetkam
Established Forum Member

Post by veetkam »

47traveller wrote:My scenario:

Scenario name: September Commute
Player Train: 3-car class 185 TPX
Scenario Details: Take charge of a late-running Manchester-Glasgow Transpennine Express service. Try to make up time while making passenger stops from Carlisle to Glasgow Central.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes.
Time Period: Autumn 2009ish

Cheers,
Alan
Hi Alan, Sorry to be the one to point this out but you have listed the player train as a Class 185? There is no 185 currently in Railworks, did you mean a 158 or a 156?

These scenario's sound great, Keep it up!
Best Regards
Andrew
DB Schenker fitter
FoggyMorning
Very Active Forum Member

Post by FoggyMorning »

veetkam wrote:
47traveller wrote:My scenario:

Scenario name: September Commute
Player Train: 3-car class 185 TPX
Scenario Details: Take charge of a late-running Manchester-Glasgow Transpennine Express service. Try to make up time while making passenger stops from Carlisle to Glasgow Central.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes.
Time Period: Autumn 2009ish

Cheers,
Alan
Hi Alan, Sorry to be the one to point this out but you have listed the player train as a Class 185? There is no 185 currently in Railworks, did you mean a 158 or a 156?

These scenario's sound great, Keep it up!
Hi Andrew - I believe that included in the UKTS Freeware packs is a class 166 reskinned as a TPX class 185
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 220389 »

FoggyMorning wrote:Hi Andrew - I believe that included in the UKTS Freeware packs is a class 166 reskinned as a TPX class 185
That is correct it is, It is in the 'UK DMUs-EMUs-Trams #1' Pack

Chris
veetkam
Established Forum Member

Post by veetkam »

Ah right my mistake, thanks for pointing that out!
Best Regards
Andrew
DB Schenker fitter

Return to “WCML North Scenario Pack”