WCML-N Scenario Pack - Scenario details in here please!

An effort to create some great new scenarios for the fantastic West Coast Mainline North add-on that you can buy from Steam.

Moderator: Moderators

nobkins
Very Active Forum Member

Re: WCML-N Scenario Pack - Scenario details in here please!

Post by nobkins »

Welcome to the forums Alan. Your first post and it is part of the WCML-N Scenario Pack community project. A great start and thanks for joining in.

You will find us all a very helpful community with occasional heated discussions ;)

Jim
TrainSimDev.com The community dedicated to those who create content for any Train Simulator.
Includes: Free downloads via torrent or browser, forum browsable by all, membership by invitation (any member can invite someone)
FoggyMorning
Very Active Forum Member

Post by FoggyMorning »

I have one that will almost certainly be completed and ideas for a couple more, although these may not get done due to time and a particularly annoying issue I am having with SBHH at Motherwell :-?

Name:A Right Royal Do
Player Train: 67005+5 Mk. 3s+67006 (Royal Train)
Scenario details:Drive the Royal Train non-stop between Carlisle and Carstairs en route to Edinburgh
Duration: 60 mins
USRailFan
Very Active Forum Member

Post by USRailFan »

Scenario name: Yorkshire Coal
Player Train: Class 66 with 20 loaded coal wagons
Scenario Details: Take a coal train train from the Ayrshire branch to Carlisle with a heavy load. You are not priority traffic so there will be stops along the way in passing loops to let faster passengers trains past.
I'm not fat - I'm easy to see
mervyn61
Been on the forums for a while

Post by mervyn61 »

My second scenario is making progress.

Title: Electric Failure.

Player Train: Class 47 BR Blue.

Duration: 80 minutes.

Difficulty: Medium.

Assets: Only uses default Railworks assets, WCML-N assets and Freeware Packs. No payware DLC has been used.

Season and Weather: Winter, WN Overcast Heavy Snow.

Description: It is a freezing cold morning just before dawn, in December 1982, and it is snowing heavily. A Class 86 electric hauling a Glasgow to Euston express has failed just north of Carstairs, and is blocking the Up main line. The passengers are starting to get cold and angry. A stand-by Class 47 has been found and coupled to the front of the train. Your job is to drive the train to Carlisle, stopping at Carstairs and Lockerbie. The failed Class 86 will be then taken off at Carlisle and a replacement electric added to take the train on to Euston. Try and make up some of the lost time, although other trains have been released onto the main line ahead of you to help relieve the congestion caused by the failure, so you may get some signal checks along the way.

I am having a few problems with signals at Carlisle station not behaving themselves, so I may need to simplify the end of the scenario somewhat to get something that works!

If nothing else, the scenario gives you the chance to marvel at the amazing sky and weather effects as the pre-dawn gloom gives way to daylight, in the snow.

Mervyn
USRailFan
Very Active Forum Member

Post by USRailFan »

USRailFan wrote:Scenario name: Yorkshire Coal
Player Train: Class 66 with 20 loaded coal wagons
Scenario Details: Take a coal train train from the Ayrshire branch to Carlisle with a heavy load. You are not priority traffic so there will be stops along the way in passing loops to let faster passengers trains past.
OK, a wee bit of a change, since the original idea I had would've resulted in a scenario more than 3 hours long, and making setting up prototypical AI a bit of a challenge WRT timings etc, I've slightly changed the concept - the coal train will be taken from the Beattock Summit loop and onto the crew change at Carlisle. This will still give a fair number of AI trains, and also the challenge of controlling the heavy coal train down the grade.
I'm not fat - I'm easy to see
bdy26
Very Active Forum Member

Post by bdy26 »

I've made a scenario, just need to do a final test of it.

Title: The Penmanshiel Waltz

Player Train: You'll have to see what arrives in Platform 3!

Duration: 70 minutes.

Difficulty: Medium.

Assets: Default Railworks assets, WCML-N assets, Freeware Packs and UK wagon pack

Season and Weather: Summer, Stormy Rain

Time: July 1979, 20-30.

A northbound ECML service to Edinburgh diverted via Carlisle and Carstairs due to the collapse of the Penmanshiel Tunnel is running late and has missed its path. Don't expect a smooth run. It's a stormy and wet night, the track is slippery and its getting dark.

B
http://bdy26.co.uk/sbhh/

Builder of The Cockermouth Keswick and Penrith Railway and Lancaster to Carlisle for RW; purveyor of dirty diesels to Vulcan Productions.
nobkins
Very Active Forum Member

Post by nobkins »

Intrigue eh!

I know your game....

Trying to make me have fun aren't you ;)
TrainSimDev.com The community dedicated to those who create content for any Train Simulator.
Includes: Free downloads via torrent or browser, forum browsable by all, membership by invitation (any member can invite someone)
bdy26
Very Active Forum Member

Post by bdy26 »

I'll take some random but incorrect shed code pics and post them over the weekend :wink:

I have to say, the BR eastern region's testing of an SD-40 on mainline services was surprisingly underreported...

B
http://bdy26.co.uk/sbhh/

Builder of The Cockermouth Keswick and Penrith Railway and Lancaster to Carlisle for RW; purveyor of dirty diesels to Vulcan Productions.
danny3
Very Active Forum Member

Post by danny3 »

Scenario name: FP - Southeastern 508 Storage Run
Player Train: Class 67 (67018 - DB Red) with 3 x Southeastern 508s (and 2 mk1 BGs as barrier wagons)
Difficulty: Medium
Duration: 50 Minutes (estimate)
Assets Used: (aside from WCML / Buffer Pack): Class 390, Class 67, Class 156 (and Freeware EMU Pack / Classic Diesel Pack)
Scenario Details: Using a Class 67 take 3 of the out of use Southeastern Class 508s into Storage via Carlisle into Longtown MOD Sidings and then refuel the class 67 locomotive afterwards in the Kingmoor Diesel sidings. (starting South of Carlisle)

not finished as of yet, just though that i'd put this one in here :), although since no one else has probably used the SE 455's I'd thought that I'd make a scenario for them!
Something goes here??
RudolfJan
Well Established Forum Member

Post by RudolfJan »

Almost finished my scenarios.

The first is a two part freight scenario with a class 67. Bring a HTA train to a coal loading facility and bring the load train back to Mossend. It's a winter scenario (that's why you need so much coal). Just for fun to drive with a heavy train, bit up hill, some traffic causing difficulties. AI is class 156 and class 390 and some freeware.

The second scenario should not be revealed, I do want to spoil the fun already. Its just a stopping service with a class 156. Not very difficult, but hopefully interesting.
Rudolf

http://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator
Here you will find the latest version of the Senario Authors Guide, TSW starters Guide, LuaCreator and TSWTools and more ...
transadelaide
Very Active Forum Member

Post by transadelaide »

bdy26 wrote:I'll take some random but incorrect shed code pics and post them over the weekend :wink:

I have to say, the BR eastern region's testing of an SD-40 on mainline services was surprisingly underreported...

B
I imagine that people would not have paid much attention to what was tested when they were preoccupied with the damage done to their platforms!
AndyM77
Very Active Forum Member

Post by AndyM77 »

AndyM77 wrote:At the moment... (note follows afterwards)

Scenario name: FP_Loopy Lanark
Player Train: Class 156 "ScotRail" 2000
Scenario Details: A late hazy summer evening, take your 156 on a loop from Lanark calling at all stations from Lanark (Carluke, Wishaw, Holytown, Motherwell, Shieldmuir and Lanark) (about 55 mins)

HOWEVER!! With just the player train so I can get timings, I think I've managed to create a reproducable "Jelly Cab" & loss of control bug - which means that I'll be throwing it in RSC's direction and therefore will mean that I possibly won't continue with a 156 as a player train.

If the above happens (need more testing and possibly throwing it out to a guinea pig or two first), then it'll either be a 390 or 66 scenario - although the time and season would remain unchanged. :)
Update: Jelly cab issue seems to be very rare now, about once in 20 playthroughs. So I continued with the original plan..

Tweaking AI movements now, adding some scenario scenery and have also added 'working' lights at Shieldmuir station and RMT (Keith has put lights up here, but they are dead as a dodo due to some bug.. ) IF the lights get fixed between now and the release of the update then I'll remove the ones I've added, but in the meantime they are needed! (pretty dark by the time you hit Shieldmuir)

Length is still around 55 mins and the EWS depot at Motherwell is suitably stocked with rolling stock (Wikipedia tells me that the TMD at Motherwell was used by EWS and the scenario is set early 00's - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motherwell_TMD )
nobkins
Very Active Forum Member

Post by nobkins »

Glad you have the jelly cab kind of resolved. We can always add it to the notes saying if it happens save and reload.

Sounds like a well researched scenario. Looking forward to it.

Jim
AndyM77
Very Active Forum Member

Post by AndyM77 »

nobkins wrote:Glad you have the jelly cab kind of resolved. We can always add it to the notes saying if it happens save and reload.

Sounds like a well researched scenario. Looking forward to it.

Jim
hehe, it's not actually a 'prototypical' scenario, I was hunting about to see what would have been stabled around the early 00's at Motherwell TMD so that I could fill the area with something appropriate :wink:
1S811985
Well Established Forum Member

Post by 1S811985 »

Time dosent half fly sometimes, and with only two weeks left before the deadline for submissions I thought a wee update on progress might be in order.

I have got all the player, AI and static stock placed for the blue-fest otherwise known as Mystex. Hope to have it done and dusted by the weekend. 1S19 is in the early stages but I've figured out and tested the movements I want to have in Carlisle station and should have the stock placed by the start of next week. Last Lanark is still on the drawing board and I'm afraid it might have to get dropped if things don't go to plan.

Cheers,

1S81
I know what gold does to men's souls.

Return to “WCML North Scenario Pack”