error message signal type

This simulator is developed in C# using the Microsoft XNA Framework 3.1. This forum is for developers to discuss what's happening and what issues are being found or for other technical discussions. This forum will be unashamedly full of developer-waffle and may be gibberish to non-developers :)

Moderator: Moderators

vanstek
Established Forum Member

error message signal type

Post by vanstek »

after a number of warning messages the system aborts with a zero in a key, and the following message:
Version: 646
Build: 0.0.4083.42502 Mon 03/07/2011 11:36 PM

runactivity.exe : Error : 0 : System.ArgumentNullException: Waarde kan niet null zijn.
Parameternaam: key
bij System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
bij System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
bij System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ContainsKey(TKey key)
bij ORTS.SignalShape.SignalTypeData..ctor(Viewer3D viewer, SignalType mstsSignalType)
bij ORTS.SignalShape.SignalShapeHead..ctor(Viewer3D viewer, SignalShape signalShape, Int32 index, SignalHead signalHead,

the complete report can be send by e-mail, I will gladly provide the full report and the sigcfg.dat and the sigscr.dat

Wim
twpol
Been on the forums for a while

Re: error message signal type

Post by twpol »

vanstek wrote:after a number of warning messages the system aborts with a zero in a key, and the following message:
This happens because some SignalTypes have no SignalLightTex. It has already been fixed to produce a warning in future releases.
James Ross
Open Rails Management Team
vanstek
Established Forum Member

Post by vanstek »

Thanks James,
the fact that Openrails does not accept a certain signal type is a reason for me to remove the problem from that signal. I may be able to fix the problem here.
RouteRiter gives me over a hundred warnings with messages with the text
'
SigCfg-SignalType(89 {'MR_RALENT_30'})-SignalLight(1)': SignalLight-Definition is NOT referenced from 'DrawState'!

'SigCfg-SignalType(89 {'MR_RALENT_30'})-S.DrawState(7)': DrawState-Definition is NOT referenced from 'SignalAspect'!

I presume that those are not serious ( just sloppy programming ) but I find two messages like

'SigCfg-SignalType(37)-S.DrawStates': PREVIOUR Definition of 'SignalLights' is not permitted!

that requires further investigation I think
When I have fixed the problem with the signals I will return here in the forum

The route we are building can be found in http://www.belgian-tsm.be in the section Downloads Routes Oostende-Keulen / NMBS V0.2 , soon coming version 0.3

Wim van Stek ( assistent route builder )
vanstek
Established Forum Member

Post by vanstek »

Hello James,
by changing the sigtyp programming the RouteRiter does no longer complain about "previor" and
OpenRails runs without crashing.
Nice to see the air pressure and brake pressure in the analog display in the cab !!!!
Strange to see the headlights of the train flashing before the light was switched on

However in a comparison with MSTS :
-> the digit 4 in a signal appears mirrored ( other asymetrical numbers like 6 or 9 not in the game )
-> the digits in the cab view for the actual speed are double the size as compared to MSTS

Wim
vanstek
Established Forum Member

Post by vanstek »

In my message dated March 13 I pointed out that I think there is a problem with a cabview with a digital display.
The following link is to two foto's showing the problem
The effect can be seen on the bottom right on the "screen of the laptop " and in the middle on top of the analog speed indiccator

http://www.mijnalbum.nl/Album=L66IBJ8Q

Wim
longiron

Post by longiron »

vanstek wrote:In my message dated March 13 I pointed out that I think there is a problem with a cabview with a digital display.
Wim
We have only completed the key gauges, instruments and controls at the present time. Since the readout of the gauges & instruments is dependent on the underlying physics, we held off moving further on the cabview work until the final version of the physics is well established.
vanstek
Established Forum Member

Post by vanstek »

May I please point out that the read-out of the value of the actual speed is correct, but the size of the digits of the display is at least twice of what it should be.
Wim
longiron

Post by longiron »

Understand, as I said we've only done the preliminary work. Clean up like correcting size of digits and the like is on the back burner until the physics work is more complete.
vanstek
Established Forum Member

Post by vanstek »

a third screenshot is now added, to show the mirrored 4 in a signal box.
http://01.nl/ve89i
vanstek
Established Forum Member

Post by vanstek »

Build: 0.0.4105.20083 03/29/2011 Tue 12:09 PM

A new problem is now with signals is found on which Openrails aborts with the following report It is in the route "Oostende-Köln" version 0.3, soon available at http://www.belgian-tsm.be where the route is now at version 0.2
The error occurs if an explore run is to start in a belgian station, The error occurs after passing the border with an explore run starting in a Dutch station after passing a number of Dutch signales. In a run starting with Dutch signals, via a High Speed Line with special signals the error occurs at the end of the HSL when returning to normal track with standara Belgian signals. I have the impression that nothing is wrong with the sigcfg.dat file or the sigscr.dat file, but the error is located in the .s file. Can anybody give me a hint where to look for the error ?

runactivity.exe : Error : 0 : System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: De gegeven sleutel is niet aanwezig in het woordenboek.
bij System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
bij System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
bij ORTS.SignalShape.SignalTypeData..ctor(Viewer3D viewer, SignalType mstsSignalType)
bij ORTS.SignalShape.SignalShapeHead..ctor(Viewer3D viewer, SignalShape signalShape, Int32 index, SignalHead signalHead, SignalItem mstsSignalItem, SignalSubObj mstsSignalSubObj)
bij ORTS.SignalShape..ctor(Viewer3D viewer, SignalObj mstsSignal, String path, WorldPosition position, ShapeFlags flags)
bij ORTS.WorldFile..ctor(Viewer3D viewer, Int32 tileX, Int32 tileZ)
bij ORTS.SceneryDrawer.LoadAt(Int32 tileX, Int32 tileZ)
bij ORTS.SceneryDrawer.Load(RenderProcess renderProcess)
bij ORTS.Viewer3D.Load(RenderProcess renderProcess)
bij ORTS.RenderProcess.Initialize()
bij Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Run()
bij ORTS.Viewer3D.Run()
bij ORTS.Program.<>c__DisplayClass8.<Start>b__7()
bij ORTS.Program.Start(IEnumerable`1 options, String[] args)
twpol

Post by twpol »

vanstek wrote:I have the impression that nothing is wrong with the sigcfg.dat file or the sigscr.dat file, but the error is located in the .s file. Can anybody give me a hint where to look for the error ?
The most likely error would be the sigcfg.dat file has a signal light (SignalLight) that isn't in the lights table (LightsTab), as the code does not protect against that in this release. It might well be a case-sensitivity issue.
James Ross
Open Rails Management Team
vanstek
Established Forum Member

Post by vanstek »

Thanks James,
problem solved, there was an upper/lower case mix in the light colours
You are a great help in finding our mistakes
Wim

Return to “[OR] Development”