Compiling

This simulator is developed in C# using the Microsoft XNA Framework 3.1. This forum is for developers to discuss what's happening and what issues are being found or for other technical discussions. This forum will be unashamedly full of developer-waffle and may be gibberish to non-developers :)

Moderator: Moderators

decapod
Building GWR Highworth Branch 1917-1926

Compiling

Post by decapod »

I managed to compile the C# solution yesterday evening before "you lot" found it ;)

The developer needs help - he's not got much spare time so anyone with .net programming skills would be useful.
I'm not sure if this is quite how he planned the release of information but you have been able to find the website on google for the past month so it was probably inevitable - what we need to do now is help...

To compile the source you need Studio 2008 and the XNA 3.1 mentioned in the documents.

You need to remove a few of the text files from the solution that are linked to a missing folder.
I also had to remove the acefile, sfile and irrKLang DLL references from the RUN project, then add them again from the program folder.

If you change to a release build you'll need to change the output folder for run.exe to ..\..\program to put all of the EXE's there.
DECAPOD
OOOOO
OboRex
Been on the forums for a while

Re: Compiling

Post by OboRex »

Thanks Decapod.

I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Regards,

Rob.
jeffmorris
Been on the forums for a while

Post by jeffmorris »

Decapod, Will you create 64-bit version of OpenRails program?
decapod
Building GWR Highworth Branch 1917-1926

Post by decapod »

In theory we should be able to compile the source for a 64 bit platform, however I have a feeling I read somewhere that XNA is 32 bit only - will need to check.
DECAPOD
OOOOO
dee4141
Very Active Forum Member

Post by dee4141 »

Open Rails runs for me using Vista 64-bit.

Return to “[OR] Development”