Installing Mini Routes Into Open Rails

Have you given it a go? Post your experiences, particularly things that worked well. Let the team know what works and doesn't work as they cannot test the software with every combination of routes, activities and content available for MSTS. OpenRails is actively being improved and is quickly approaching v1.0. This is a great place to discuss what you can do with OpenRails.

Moderator: Moderators

PGH60
Well Established Forum Member

Installing Mini Routes Into Open Rails

Post by PGH60 »

Hi having asked this question before in the past, but can someone help please? I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 ,installed both MSTS and Open Rails OK but when i try to install my Mini Routes for example Mid East Plus and Scottish Central Plus into Open Rails, i have tried everyway i should do but without any success .Any help with this would be very welcome because i must be doing something wrong..Thanks.Peter.
DarwinS
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Installing Mini Routes Into Open Rails

Post by DarwinS »

Hello

Perhaps you can give a little more information as to how you tried to "install" the mini routes.

I have various folders with copies of many routes for OR, but can see no reason why your mini-routes should not work directly.

The SCP mini-route has been sitting (unused in its original form) on my hard drive since I ceased running MSTS. This morning I tried pointing OR to the mini-route and it worked first time with no problems.

On the Options tab I simply added D:\scp_MiniRoute\TrainSimulator and all was fine.
Regards

Darwin
PGH60

Post by PGH60 »

Thanks Darwin ,I click Options, then Add, click C drive where the route is, click scp miniroute, click ok,back to Open Rails page click ok.The route shows in the installation profile in the left hand corner but will not load up when i drop down all i get is the default MSTS routes.Hope you can follow this.Thanks .Peter.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi Peter,
You need to click on the root folder, 'Train Simulator', NOT 'scp_MiniRoute'. Then you need to change the value in 'Name' from 'Train Simulator' to something more descriptive, like 'Train Simulator (SCP)'

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
PGH60

Post by PGH60 »

Hi Ged,thanks for helping me out again and jogging my memory,i forgot about the root folder.Managed to install SCP into OR okay.Thanks again.Peter.
dforrest
Very Active Forum Member
Location: St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Post by dforrest »

PGH60 wrote:Hi Ged,thanks for helping me out again and jogging my memory,i forgot about the root folder.Managed to install SCP into OR okay.Thanks again.Peter.
One useful thing to remember (which some will say is only semantics!), which may help, is that you do not install a route in OR but just point OR to the location where the route is already installed.
David

Return to “[OR] General OpenRails Discussion”