OR can't see the loaded file

Have you given it a go? Post your experiences, particularly things that worked well. Let the team know what works and doesn't work as they cannot test the software with every combination of routes, activities and content available for MSTS. OpenRails is actively being improved and is quickly approaching v1.0. This is a great place to discuss what you can do with OpenRails.

Moderator: Moderators

borland33
New to the Forums

OR can't see the loaded file

Post by borland33 »

Morning all. I'm new to this so forgive me if this has been covered before but I can't find any guidance. I have MSTS installed but running OR. I have down loaded files from UK TS successfully before but when downloading electric 86 and 87 I hit the buffers. Although the folder and included files show in the trainset folder when looked at through windows explorer, it does not come up in the drop down in OR so I can't run that train option. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Thanks, Stuart
copperpen
Been on the forums for a while

Re: OR can't see the loaded file

Post by copperpen »

Do these have consists,?
borland33
New to the Forums

Post by borland33 »

It was for a light Class 86 and only one folder. The instructions were to download into Trainset folder.
copperpen
Been on the forums for a while

Post by copperpen »

OK. Without a consist they will not show in the locomotive choice dropdown. There are several utilities to make consists with, but probably the easiest to use is Conbuilder. There is an early version available in the library here. You can also check the folder in Trainset and see if it includes a con file, that is the consist file. If it is there, move it into the Consists folder.

Return to “[OR] General OpenRails Discussion”