Pantograph matrix with unusual name

Have you given it a go? Post your experiences, particularly things that worked well. Let the team know what works and doesn't work as they cannot test the software with every combination of routes, activities and content available for MSTS. OpenRails is actively being improved and is quickly approaching v1.0. This is a great place to discuss what you can do with OpenRails.

Moderator: Moderators

slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Pantograph matrix with unusual name

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi,
While running some stock, the OR log reports the following :
Information: Pantograph matrix with unusual name PANTOBASE in shape t:\msts\train simulator\trains\trainset\mt_db_fge_360120\mt_db_fge_360ptoslw.s

Information: Pantograph matrix with unusual name PANTOHOLE in shape t:\msts\train simulator\trains\trainset\mt_db_fge_360120\mt_db_fge_360ptoslw.s
I know they are only informative messages, and the pantograph appears OK in the sim, but is there any 'hidden' effect? If so, can the names be changed, probably by using SFM, but to what??

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
coolhand101
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Pantograph matrix with unusual name

Post by coolhand101 »

It can be changed to a name OR does recognize but I cannot remember what names atm. It's best to look in a shape file with a pantograph that has a name that OR will not show any messages in the log file. All pantograph entries in the shape file have to be renamed to the new one.

I haven't notice anything unusual with a pantograph named that way in OR.

Thanks

Return to “[OR] General OpenRails Discussion”