"Inter-regional coal" and "Train Spotting at Rickmansworth" Activities

Have you given it a go? Post your experiences, particularly things that worked well. Let the team know what works and doesn't work as they cannot test the software with every combination of routes, activities and content available for MSTS. OpenRails is actively being improved and is quickly approaching v1.0. This is a great place to discuss what you can do with OpenRails.

Moderator: Moderators

dforrest
Very Active Forum Member
Location: St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

"Inter-regional coal" and "Train Spotting at Rickmansworth" Activities

Post by dforrest »

Martin, thank you for the two new activities for the Chiltern route. I particularity like the large amount of well coordinated AI activity in the "Inter-regional coal" activity.
David
dforrest
Very Active Forum Member
Location: St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Chiltern "Inter-regional coal" and "Train Spotting at Rickmansworth" Activities

Post by dforrest »

dforrest wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:46 am Martin, thank you for the two new activities for the Chiltern route. I particularity like the large amount of well coordinated AI activity in the "Inter-regional coal" activity.
Apologies Richard, you are obviously the author of these activities, not Martin!

Has anyone else run them?
David
MikeandDi
Well Established Forum Member

Re: "Inter-regional coal" and "Train Spotting at Rickmansworth" Activities

Post by MikeandDi »

Hi David

I have run both activities successfully, and enjoyed them greatly. Richard's activities are always eagerly anticipated, and much appreciated, by me.

I do tend to run activities in the stable version of Open Rails, as the saves seem much more likely to successfully reload.

As an example, running Inter Regional Coal under Monogame Version x323 Rev 94, a save after seven seconds into the activity fails to reload. The reason given in this case is "The path is not of a legal form". I have also had previous save reloading problems with the newer versions of Open Rails, and reported some of these as a bug in the Open Rails Launchpad here - https://bugs.launchpad.net/or/+bug/1874306.

It is a shame because using the stable version means that I am unable to enjoy the newest features.

Mike

Return to “[OR] General OpenRails Discussion”