Track Problem In Routes

Have you given it a go? Post your experiences, particularly things that worked well. Let the team know what works and doesn't work as they cannot test the software with every combination of routes, activities and content available for MSTS. OpenRails is actively being improved and is quickly approaching v1.0. This is a great place to discuss what you can do with OpenRails.

Moderator: Moderators

PGH60
Well Established Forum Member

Track Problem In Routes

Post by PGH60 »

Hi having installed the Potteries Loop Line route and South East Steam into OR,when i run them them they are ok except the track textures keep altering Sometimes they are ok then they change to one with with raised ballast and a different colour.Can anyone help with this problem please.Thanks Peter.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Track Problem In Routes

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi Peter,
I wonder if you've set Super-elevation?
From the Open Rails menu screen, click the Options button, then the Experimental tab,
At the top left-hand side, under 'Super-elevation', make sure that 'Level' is set to zero, then press OK.

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
PGH60

Post by PGH60 »

Hi Ged ,thanks that seems to have done the trick .May i ask if it is possible for any advice please on some settings for OR please as i have problems with the scenery that keeps popping up at various distances so that it runs more smoothly.Thanks again.Peter.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi Peter,
There are those who have more experience of Open Rails than I, and could give you a definitive answer, but I suggest you try changing the 'Viewing distance (m)'. Press the 'Options' button, then the 'Video' tab; halfway down the left hand side is that entry (just above 'Distant mountains').

Another factor may be the capabilities of your graphics card - which model do you have, and how much memory (RAM) does it have?

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
PGH60

Post by PGH60 »

Hi Ged,i will experiment with the viewing distance and see how it goes.On my computer i have 8Gb RAM my Graphics Card is GT730 which i often tkink is a bit low but i seem to get by ok.Thanks again.Peter.
copperpen
Been on the forums for a while

Post by copperpen »

On the Experimental tab in Options, there is a tick box to extend object viewing to the horizon. Try that before extending the view distance.

Return to “[OR] General OpenRails Discussion”