Installing OpenRails 1.3.1

This sim is a brand new, free game engine built on a Windows XNA foundation. It breathes new life into MSTS content as OpenRails is backwards compatible with MSTS routes, activities, and train sets. It's actively in development and approaching v1.0. Please visit the OpenRails web site for minimum HW specifications and software dependencies. The best way to participate is to ask questions as many members of the OpenRails development team participate in the forums.

Moderator: Moderators

spionkop
Been on the forums for a while

Installing OpenRails 1.3.1

Post by spionkop »

Hi everyone

I have been using OR for quite a few years now which has worked fine. Just recently I downloaded OR 1.3.1 and I was wondering if I have to uninstall the version I have or if this new version will overwrite it?

Cheers
Steve
DarwinS
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Installing OpenRails 1.3.1

Post by DarwinS »

If you choose to update OR will normally overwrite any older version.

It is possible to have two or more versions on the same computer. Just put them in different folders and choose the one that you want to use at any particular time.
Regards

Darwin
spionkop

Post by spionkop »

Hi Darwin

Thanks for that Darwin. i've been on the other train simulator for about 12 months, so I thought I would give MSTS via OR a another go as I've got quite a lot of routes and rolling stock.

Cheers
Steve
spionkop

Post by spionkop »

Hi Darwin

I've installed it over the old version and everything seems to be OK with it. The graphics is a lot better than the old version. I'll have to play around with the options a bit to improve it. I haven't heard anything different when moving over the points yet.

Cheers
Steve
peacockg
Established Forum Member

Post by peacockg »

Hi Steve
Open Rails can automatically apply different sounds for curves and points, but you need to apply the measures detailed in section 13.3 of the manual to get them to work.
Garry

Return to “[OR] Help for Beginners”