Installing UKFS Tracks with OpenRails

This sim is a brand new, free game engine built on a Windows XNA foundation. It breathes new life into MSTS content as OpenRails is backwards compatible with MSTS routes, activities, and train sets. It's actively in development and approaching v1.0. Please visit the OpenRails web site for minimum HW specifications and software dependencies. The best way to participate is to ask questions as many members of the OpenRails development team participate in the forums.

Moderator: Moderators

gitsnshiggles
New to the Forums

Installing UKFS Tracks with OpenRails

Post by gitsnshiggles »

Hi all,

I have done a fresh install of OpenRails WITHOUT installing MSTS prior. All I have is the Zig-Zag Railway route that comes sort-of supplied with the software, and this works an absolute treat.

However, upon downloading the UKFS Track installer, I cannot select the top folder to use for the install. I suspect that this is because I lack a proper MSTS folder with the associated files on my PC. I've exhausted all other avenues of troubleshooting and I now turn to here.

Has anybody managed to successfully install the track enhancement to an OpenRails install without a prior MSTS install?

Many thanks. My PC is Windows 10.
copperpen
Been on the forums for a while

Re: Installing UKFS Tracks with OpenRails

Post by copperpen »

UKTS file ID 36731 will do the job. It is a utility designed by Ged Saunders.
dorlan
Totally Narrow Minded

Re: Installing UKFS Tracks with OpenRails

Post by dorlan »

Click to view more informationMSTS / ORTS Utility - UKFS_Install v1.1 [528696 bytes] - UKFS_Install v1-1.zip
File ID: 36731 Date: 20 Feb 2019 - 216 Downloads
Ian J
Member of the UKTS Forum Moderation Team.

Return to “[OR] Help for Beginners”