Problem with track

This sim is a brand new, free game engine built on a Windows XNA foundation. It breathes new life into MSTS content as OpenRails is backwards compatible with MSTS routes, activities, and train sets. It's actively in development and approaching v1.0. Please visit the OpenRails web site for minimum HW specifications and software dependencies. The best way to participate is to ask questions as many members of the OpenRails development team participate in the forums.

Moderator: Moderators

stephenjrhodes
Been on the forums for a while

Problem with track

Post by stephenjrhodes »

using some Routes Ie Dorset coast and North wales coast I get two different ballast and track on curves etc . the track in normal say on dorset coast with the 3 rail but soon as you get to a curve the rail head is broader and the ballast is a different colour and no 3rd rail. Tried every thing to alter it even deleted and reloaded MSTS tried different t sections etc , other routes are fine . any advice please im thinking it is a registry problem . also it started when i loaded the steyning route.

Steve
DarwinS
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Problem with track

Post by DarwinS »

No idea what the problem is, but before people start investigating are you able to confirm that this only happens in OpenRails and there is no similar change at texture at the same places in MSTS?
Regards

Darwin
dennisat
Well Established Forum Member

Post by dennisat »

Hi,

I presume from this you're using Open Rails. I think you may have "Superelevation" selected in the options and have no pattern for OR to use for dynamic track. Select Options, select the Experimental tab and see what you have for Superelevation Level. If it is not zero, you will get the effect you describe. If you don't want superelevation, set the Level box to zero. If you do want it, you need to provide a pattern for OR to use as described in the manual.

Dennis
[album 193027 OR_Supporter_Logo_Red.jpg] The best way to go
stephenjrhodes
Been on the forums for a while

Post by stephenjrhodes »

Thank you Dennisat your a star done what you said both routes are back to normal Thank you very much Spent days since March trying to sort that out .

again thank you
Steve

Return to “[OR] Help for Beginners”