Installing Mid East Plus miniroute into OR

This sim is a brand new, free game engine built on a Windows XNA foundation. It breathes new life into MSTS content as OpenRails is backwards compatible with MSTS routes, activities, and train sets. It's actively in development and approaching v1.0. Please visit the OpenRails web site for minimum HW specifications and software dependencies. The best way to participate is to ask questions as many members of the OpenRails development team participate in the forums.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello111
Getting the hang of things now

Installing Mid East Plus miniroute into OR

Post by Hello111 »

Dear all, I have isntalled the latest test version of Open Rails, but yet still cannot install Mid East Plus into the OR route directory. I have pressed Options>content>Cdrive>MEP>Train Simulator, then attempted to add the internal MEP Train simulator file to open rails, but OR still won't recgonise it. Anything I am doing wrong?
copperpen
Been on the forums for a while

Re: Installing Mid East Plus miniroute into OR

Post by copperpen »

If your path to Mideast Plus is C>MEP>Train Simulator then that is as far as you need to go. OR will then look for the Routes folder and when you select that profile to use, the route/s will be available to use.
Hello111

Post by Hello111 »

Hi, thanks for you reply. This is the path I have added, however OR does not seem to recgonise MEP. The route, activity and locomotive fields are all greyed out and an unable to select anything.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi Hello111,
Maybe you should tell us the EXACT path to your Train Simulator folder. This is the folder which contains, among others, folders GLOBAL, ROUTES and TRAINS; it doesn't matter if you've given this folder a different name, it's still known as the MSTS root folder. All Open Rails needs to know is the path to the MSTS (or ORTS) root folder - this is where you navigate to when you wish to enter a new 'profile' into the Open Rails list.

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
copperpen
Been on the forums for a while

Post by copperpen »

I note from your original post that you are trying to "add the internal MEP Train simulator file to open rails". If by that you mean you are trying to add the actual route folder, that does not work. You stop your adding folders at the Train Simulator folder. Open rails does the rest when you select the profile.
Hello111

Post by Hello111 »

To get to my normal msts games, the path is only C:/msts

The Mid East Plus folder is not in the same msts folder. It is however still on the C Drive. The path for that is still C:\mep1.0-MiniRoute\Train Simulator-should I put the MEP folder in with the main msts folder?

Thanks
dennisat
Well Established Forum Member

Post by dennisat »

Hello111 wrote:The Mid East Plus folder is not in the same msts folder. It is however still on the C Drive. The path for that is still C:\mep1.0-MiniRoute\Train Simulator-should I put the MEP folder in with the main msts folder?
Thanks
Adding "C:\mep1.0-MiniRoute\Train Simulator" to the Content form in the OR options should be enough for OR to find MEP and run it if indeed that is the correct path. It does not need to be in the main MSTS directory.

If you follow the path "C:\mep1.0-MiniRoute\Train Simulator" down in Windows Explorer do you find directories Routes, Trains, Global, and others, for instance? If you look in Routes the only directory you should see is "Mid East Plus". Does this contain directories Activities, Paths, Sound, Tiles, World, and others? If you do cannot find these paths, it suggests your MEP install has not completely worked or not been placed where you expected.

Dennis
[album 193027 OR_Supporter_Logo_Red.jpg] The best way to go

Return to “[OR] Help for Beginners”