Animation in Blender

The intricacies, or simplicities of 3D modelling are worth understanding. Alongside other forums like Building Rolling Stock, Scenic Item Creation and the other tool specific forums here's another place to ask questions that just don't quite fit the other forums.

Moderator: Moderators

MallardFan
Very Active Forum Member

Animation in Blender

Post by MallardFan »

Hi Guys,

I am trying to do animation in Blender, starting off with my roof mounted fan, but so far I have followed two tutorials to no avail.

I first followed this one (where appropiate) and this left me with the animation exporter in RW crashing when trying to import my model. This utilised a lattice animating. When I pressed play in Blender the Lattice rotated, but the fan didn't.

I then found one here at UKTrainSim, though technically for steam engines with rods, but I got enough from it. I animated my fan again, this time not using a lattice but animating the fan directly - this made the fan spin in Blender. However when I imported into RW, which it did successfully, nothing actually happens - the fan doesn't move.

Any ideas where I could be going wrong?

Many thanks
Image Image
Class 205 Thumper and Class 73 Electro-Diesel currently in the Engine Shed!
henningBR218
Been on the forums for a while

Re: Animation in Blender

Post by henningBR218 »

Did you have a look on the animated example from the BigEx installation package?

The subfolder Bigex_ExampleObjects contains an animated example: Bigex_ExampleObject_1.blend
plus the RW xml file: Bigex_ExampleObject_1_anim.xml
regards.....BR218
Henning
MallardFan
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Animation in Blender

Post by MallardFan »

ooh excellent - I will have a look - thanks
Image Image
Class 205 Thumper and Class 73 Electro-Diesel currently in the Engine Shed!

Return to “[RW] 3D Modelling”