TS2012 exporter for Blender >= 2.63

The intricacies, or simplicities of 3D modelling are worth understanding. Alongside other forums like Building Rolling Stock, Scenic Item Creation and the other tool specific forums here's another place to ask questions that just don't quite fit the other forums.

Moderator: Moderators

steamSSN
Getting the hang of things now

Re: TS2012 exporter for Blender >= 2.63

Post by steamSSN »

vlado960 wrote: somename.blend
HM, that's the one that I don't have in my FOLDER :D. I'm going to add it in the afternoon. In the DevDocs from Railworks is written that you have the make the folder structure as follows: source/SteamSSN/Testproject/Scenery/Buildings/...The files... . And inside the buildings folder also the texture folder. Is that right?

Greets
SteamSSN
vlado960
Well Established Forum Member

Post by vlado960 »

In every folder that contains *.IGS ther has to be subfolder Textures
You must know - English is not my native language.
KONČAR Electric Multiple Unit
steamSSN

Post by steamSSN »

All my icons are a kind of sphere with the coulors yellow and red. In this tutorial is there at 6:44 another icon by the IGS file. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj85KdDb4zE . That icon looks like a blue saturn.
vlado960

Post by vlado960 »

In this video tutorial there isn't TS2013 nor Blender 2.6, it's RW2 and Blender 2.4
steamSSN

Post by steamSSN »

yes i know, but it concerns the icons
steamSSN

Post by steamSSN »

I'm going to upload a movie about how I do the export. I hope that you can find out what I do wrong.

gr vincent
steamSSN

Post by steamSSN »

vlado960

Post by vlado960 »

Totally mess that I saw. Texture must be UV maped, but no like yours. Teksture must be converted in ACE format, also textures must be in steps 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 512x1024 etc. Sorry , a little bit I'm so tired and I must to go in bed. I hope that some will appear And guys let it be someone who know speaking English better than me
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
AndiS
Very Active Forum Member

Post by AndiS »

I am really sorry but you really need to do a few basic tutorials. Unfortunately, there is none that directly covers all you need, all in one tutorial. So you need to look at several and collect information.

Based on SketchUp, not Blender, but the basic requirements about texturing and getting it into the game are the same: http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. ... 69&t=99313

A tutorial for the old Blender 2.49 and the old exporter Bigex by HenningB: https://sites.google.com/site/andisukts ... lender.zip . The way of texture naming changed, I guess, but lots of things you need to know are there.

There were also lots of other tutorials, but I cannot find them right now. Please have a look yourself:
http://forums.uktrainsim.com/search.php ... mit=Search

Sorry for not having concise recommendations but all I can tell from the video is that things seem to go pretty wrong. So better start slowly and carefully from the beginning.
rivimey
Everyone needs a hug!

Post by rivimey »

The video would have been easier with a commentary as to what you were showing.

You got the idea of putting the .txt files in beside the model. However, IIRC, for Glass textures you need to further edit those files: they are configuration files, and thought the defaults are reasonable for many situations, they aren't for Glass. The changes to make are clear when you look at DOM's manual for the exporter and also the comments in the files themselves.

It was not clear whether you have UV-mapped the images on your box. You must do this: even if Blender allows other things, Railworks doesn't. There are lots of tutorials on the net about UV mapping if you need guidance. Do a search on YouTube or Vimeo.

Check your exporter log file carefully... you didn't show us the end of it but the log comments are helpful, usually, in detecting issues. If you are still unclear, select the "Verbose" log option (bottom left of the Save As window), which will put a lot more into the log.

I think you have correctly got the idea that the texture slots are meaningful... in case you haven't, for each material you have a texture defined, which is also the texture used in the UV map (note, in Blender, that doesn't come automatically). The texture has to be defined with two "slots":

TrDiff -- mapped to anything, I normally leave it as the default "Clouds".
<texturename> -- mapped to Image or Movie, and with Mapping as UV Coordinates.

and <texturename> is also the name of the texture you have UV mapped to in the "UV" Window

In summary:

1. make your model
2. Define at least one Material for the model
3. "Assign" the faces of the model to the Material
4. Make a Texture with at least 2 slots, the first of which is one of the predefined names used by RailWorks.
5. Defined the image for the texture, using the TGA format
6. UV map it using the same Image as the texture
[Texture files need not be in a Textures folder, but it is a (good) convention. DOM's exporter overrides any folder defined in Blender and looks for the images in the folder defined in the 2nd config file. Though you may well use PSD or some other format as the original for the texture (e.g. to retain layers, masks etc) the RailWorks Blueprint editor essentially requires images to be in the TGA file format. I have found a caveat with that though: if you create a TGA file in Blender, the variety of TGA format is not one the Blueprint editor understands. Resave it from Photoshop or Gimp and all is well.]

7. Ensure all files are saved from Blender, including image files (which aren't saved when you save the Blend)
8. Call the exporter and select the appropriate filename. Click Export.
[The Recent Folder list at the left is helpful to navigate quickly]
9. Check the log file carefully, beginning to end. You should have an new .igs file in the folder.
If not, try again with the Verbose logging enabled.
10. Once you have an IGS file, enter/switch to the RW Blueprint editor and export your model.
[There is enough elsewhere on using this, so if you have a blueprint, load the existing BP and click Export. You must set up a Blueprint describing the item before anything will appear in the game.]
11. If the blueprint export goes well, you may hope to see stuff in game.
[I normally use a "play" route to verify this stage: the Asset Editor is sufficiently unreliable that I don't bother, though it does normally display simple things ok.]

Hope this is all helpful
Ruth
Helping to build Cambridge Branch Lines in 1950 @ http://cambslines.ivimey.org
= - Personal : http://www.ivimey.org - = - Web Design : http://www.ivimey.com - =
steamSSN

Post by steamSSN »

wow, very much thanks for all the info. This shows the big problem is the textures. I really have to solve it with all the info. I'm going to have a look and tell you if I've success

greets
SteamSSN
steamSSN

Post by steamSSN »

Okay, I really made progress! I used TexDiff as shader name and I added a texture.ACE, because .TGA doesn't work. So I got an IGS file and to my opinion the log file was good. But I'm getting stuck when I click the export button. He says: failed to create ...... .TgPcDx
The log file:
steamSSN

Post by steamSSN »

Configuration file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Source\Vincent\Test\Scenery\Buildings\IGS_ExpModFile.txt
------ Materials:ShaderName ------
('shadow', 'StencilShadow.fx')
('trdiff', 'TrainBasicObjectDiffuse.fx')
('trglass', 'TrainGlass.fx')
('trspec', 'TrainBasicObjectSpecular.fx')
('trspecem', 'TrainSpecEnvMask.fx')
('trbumpspec', 'TrainBumpSpec.fx')
('trbumpspecem', 'TrainBumpSpecEnvMask.fx')
('trglassweather', 'TrainGlassWeatherEffects.fx')
('trlightmap', 'TrainLightMapWithDiffuse.fx')
('trenv', 'TrainEnv.fx')
('trflora', 'TrainFlora.fx')
('trvfaceflora', 'TrainViewFacingFlora.fx')
('trupvfaceflora', 'TrainUprightViewFacingFlora.fx')
('lofttexdiff', 'LoftTexDiff.fx')
('lofttexdifftr', 'LoftTexDiffTrans.fx')
('skin', 'SkinDiffuse.fx')
('water', 'WaterCubeMap.fx')
('waterscenery', 'WaterScenery.fx')
('sky', 'TrainSkyDome.fx')

>>>> INFO: File C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Source\Vincent\Test\Scenery\Buildings\test_IGSExpModFile2.txt not found <<<<
>>>> INFO: Using file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Source\Vincent\Test\Scenery\Buildings\IGSExpModFile2.txt <<<<

Configuration file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Source\Vincent\Test\Scenery\Buildings\IGSExpModFile2.txt
------ Materials:AlphaTestMode ------
('trans01mat', '1')
------ Materials:Ambient ------
('ext01mat', '0.5')
('ext02mat', '0.5')
('glass01mat', '0.5')
------ Miscellaneous ------
('targettexturesdirectory', 'Textures')
('mainobject', '1_1000_coach')
('hierarchy', 'unchanged')
('customkeywords', 'Bod, Seat, 1_0100_rod2')
('centermainobject', '0,0,N')
------ UVArguments ------
('ext01mat', '32.0, 0.0,0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0')
('glass01mat', '64.0, 0.8, 0.4, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0')

MainObject to find = 1_1000_coach
MainObject 1_1000_coach not found or not visible
Main object selected = 1_1000_flowerpot

------------------ Groups list -----------------
--- 1 groups ---

--- Group --- 1_1000_flowerpot (1 item)
LOD level 1 / LOD distance 1000 / keyword None
Parent group: None
Group objects:
1_1000_flowerpot
Influenzo
New to the Forums

Post by Influenzo »

Hi,

I'm working on a german trainmodel for quite some time now, using Blender 2.65 with exporter 1.4.0. I've never had any problems using the exporter, but since I created the LODs for the model I keep getting this message form the blueprint editor: inconsistent LODing.
Exporting LOD 1 allone works just fine, as you can see here:

http://influenzo.de/bilder/RW/420.95.jpg

There are no errors shown up in the log file and I also set up the mod file with the following parameters:
  • # execution time.
    #
    # ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Materials:AlphaTestMode]
    # Replace current AlphaTestMode value of the material named 'Trans01Mat' with the value 1, regardless what it is currently.
    Trans01Mat=1

[Materials:Ambient]
    # Replace Ambient 1.0 default value of the material.
    Ext01Mat=0.5
    Ext02Mat=0.5
    Glass01Mat= 0.5

[Miscellaneous]
    TargetTexturesDirectory=Textures
    MainObject=1_0060_main
    Hierarchy=
    CustomKeyWords=

CenterMainObject=0,0,N

[UVArguments]
    # For the materials below, use UVArguments for the first render stage
    # 6 values separated by comma
    Ext01Mat=32.0, 0.0,0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
    Glass01Mat=64.0, 0.8, 0.4, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0
Mayby someone has a suggestion...

Regards Michael
rivimey
Everyone needs a hug!

Post by rivimey »

Hi,

Re the LODs, the likelyhood is that an object name has more than one LOD, and they are nor marked as child/parent groups. You probably know that to have a basic model and a detailed model of something you do something like:

1_0100_model
2_1000_model

but what is not obvious is that those two objects must be marked one as the parent of the other in Blender. You can do this most easily by drag-dropping one object's name onto the other's name (sorry, I can't remember which way round it all is). It is also as good to use the set parent modifier, which means your object list isn't affected, which you may prefer.

HTH
Ruth
Helping to build Cambridge Branch Lines in 1950 @ http://cambslines.ivimey.org
= - Personal : http://www.ivimey.org - = - Web Design : http://www.ivimey.com - =

Return to “[RW] 3D Modelling”