TS2012 exporter for Blender >= 2.63

The intricacies, or simplicities of 3D modelling are worth understanding. Alongside other forums like Building Rolling Stock, Scenic Item Creation and the other tool specific forums here's another place to ask questions that just don't quite fit the other forums.

Moderator: Moderators

steamSSN
Getting the hang of things now

Re: TS2012 exporter for Blender >= 2.63

Post by steamSSN »

Oke, a short video always is the best way to show your problems. So I did it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REDDZCL_erM
ThTensen
Been on the forums for a while

Post by ThTensen »

Vincent,

You can't simply change the extension of your texturefile from .png to .ace! You have to convert the file itself (the content), for instance with RWAcetool. However I doubt if RWAcetool will convert from .png, so you'll have to save the file in your paint-program as a .tga- or bmp-file,

(je kan niet eenvoudigweg de extensie van je texturebestand veranderen van .png naar .ace! Je moet het bestand zelf (de inhoud ervan) omzetten, bijvoorbeeld met RWAcetool. Ik betwijfel evenwel of RWAcetool kan omzetten van .png, dus je moet het bestand in je paint-programma opslaan als .tga- of .bmp-bestand)

Dick
Influenzo
New to the Forums

Post by Influenzo »

The RWACETool does convert from PNG as well.
steamSSN

Post by steamSSN »

Owkay after a few days searching on the internet and experimenting I had sucses! Very much thanks for that! I saw my flowerpot in railworks with the black texture. I did it as follows:
1: create PNG
2: open it in paint
3: reduce it to 2x2 pixels
4: save it
5: open up RWaceTool
6: Choose the PNG file
7: convert it

If I make a larger PNG file RWacetool says: width and height must be a power of 2!
A texture of 2x2 pixels is not so really useful. I tried to do it with TGA and bmp an TIFF but all were not a sucses. Is it normal to reduce to textures to 2 by 2 pixels??

oke, na een aantal dagen gezocht te hebben op het internet en geëxperimenteerd te hebben is het me gelukt! Heel erg bedankt voor dat! Ik zag mijn bloempot in railworks met de zwarte textuur. Ik heb het als volgt gedaan:
1: PNG maken
2: Het openen in paint
3: verkleinen naar 2x2 pixels
4: opslaan
5: RWaceTool openen
6: De PNG selecteren
7: het converten

Als ik een grotere PNG file maak zegt RWaceTool: width and height must be a power of 2!
Een textuur van 2 bij 2 pixels is niet echt handig. Ik heb het geprobeerd met TGA, bmp en TIFF maar geen 1 was sucsesvol. Is het normaal om de textuur te verkleinen naar 2 bij 2 pixels??

greets SteamSSN
groetjes SteamSSN
ThTensen
Been on the forums for a while

Post by ThTensen »

Vincent,

A power of 2 means that your picture has to be 2x2, 4x4, 8X8 etc. "Power of" means "tot de macht van" in Dutch. In Railworks, texturesizes in general are 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024 or 2048x2048 pixels. They can also have a rectangular shape, but then the number of pixels in each direction has to be a power of 2 too, for instance 256x1024, or 128x256.

Dick (dickt on treinpunt or dutch-rail)
steamSSN

Post by steamSSN »

Ah oke now it's clear. Great thanks everyone!!!

Ah oke nu is het duidelijk. Erg bedankt iedereen!!!
PS dick: als je denkt dat alle hulp onbedankt blijft dan heb je het mis :D . Na mijn 01 1075 project volgt er een 'BR 01.10 pocket' project met alle rijvaardige 01.10's die er nog zijn. En daarna laat ik jullie op het dutchrail en trein-punt forum kiezen welke locomotief jullie willen in Railworks :D . Dit is nog strict geheim maar jij mag het weten 8)

greets SteamSSN
groetjes SteamSSN
Pendolino610
New to the Forums

Post by Pendolino610 »

Great job, i love Blender and now I can use it totally for Railworks. Bye bye 3d Canvas 8) !
steamSSN

Post by steamSSN »

Okay, I just can't export something with more textures than 1. (3 textures). I tried everything. I have used for each texture one material, 1 material with 4 slots (1 shader - 3 texture slots). I used a lot of shader names but always: FILE: could not map shader TexDiff/Tex/TrainBasicObjectDiffuse/TrainLightMapWithDiffuse/etc. etc.
I also used loftbump.fx and he exported it! But if I stay in the front I could not see the front but only the back and the textures were only visible from the inside.
What ever must I use by making '2 or more textured' models??

greets
SteamSSN
vlado960
Well Established Forum Member

Post by vlado960 »

steamSSN wrote:Okay, I just can't export something with more textures than 1. (3 textures). I tried everything. I have used for each texture one material, 1 material with 4 slots (1 shader - 3 texture slots). I used a lot of shader names but always: FILE: could not map shader TexDiff/Tex/TrainBasicObjectDiffuse/TrainLightMapWithDiffuse/etc. etc.
I also used loftbump.fx and he exported it!
Probably you have some faces without materials.
steamSSN wrote:But if I stay in the front I could not see the front but only the back and the textures were only visible from the inside.
Make sure all face normals are pointing to the outside of your model. You can check the direction of the face normals by click little cube/icon with orange face in the Properites Panel (N in 3D view). In Edit Mode Ctrl->N will make selected all faces face outwards.
You must know - English is not my native language.
KONČAR Electric Multiple Unit
steamSSN

Post by steamSSN »

vlado960 wrote:
steamSSN wrote:Okay, I just can't export something with more textures than 1. (3 textures). I tried everything. I have used for each texture one material, 1 material with 4 slots (1 shader - 3 texture slots). I used a lot of shader names but always: FILE: could not map shader TexDiff/Tex/TrainBasicObjectDiffuse/TrainLightMapWithDiffuse/etc. etc.
I also used loftbump.fx and he exported it!
Probably you have some faces without materials.
No, I've assigned all the faces to the material.
steamSSN wrote:But if I stay in the front I could not see the front but only the back and the textures were only visible from the inside.
Make sure all face normals are pointing to the outside of your model. You can check the direction of the face normals by click little cube/icon with orange face in the Properites Panel (N in 3D view). In Edit Mode Ctrl->N will make selected all faces face outwards.
I've did it but without sucses. It's the same as before. Wich shader do you use at '2 or more textured' models?

Greets,
SteamSSN
steamSSN

Post by steamSSN »

I get it. You do not have to answer

Return to “[RW] 3D Modelling”