TrDiff

The intricacies, or simplicities of 3D modelling are worth understanding. Alongside other forums like Building Rolling Stock, Scenic Item Creation and the other tool specific forums here's another place to ask questions that just don't quite fit the other forums.

Moderator: Moderators

RiscaStation
Very Active Forum Member

Re: TrDiff

Post by RiscaStation »

Hi Gav,

I have copied and pasted the 2 lines into the IGS_ExpModFile.txt shown above and saved it as IGS_ExpModFile.txt.

# File: IGS_Export_ModFile.txt
# Default Export Data Modification (EDM) file for Blender IA/IGS exporter Bigex
#
# This default modify file is a good place to specify all global / general replacement instructions.
# This may be Shader names, Texture file specs, etc
# For the replacement expressions regarding a specific 3D model / igs file, you should use the
# modify file: "<Your_igs_export_file_name>_ModFile.txt"
#
# All replacement instructions found in both files will be applied on the export data which will
# be written into the igs/is file.
#
# Search ranges:
# Search ranges are specified in square brackets. The opening bracket must be the first charachter
# at the beginning of a new line.
# e.g. [ObjectList:EntryName]
# where ObjectList is the list which EntryName entries are searched through.
# All replacement instructions after this replacement specifier until end of file or until the
# next replacement specifier, are related to the object list and entry specified.
#
# Replacement instructions:
# - the whole string from beginn of a line until the = will be used as search string
# - the whole string from = until end of a line = will be used as replacement string
# Only exceptions are:
# - string with length of 0 (zero) will match everything. So be carefull.
# - numbers or ranges in square brackets e.g. [99], [10-19], [n], [n-m] will be applied only
# on the n-th, resp. n-th to m-th entry in the specified object list. (see examples below)
#
# Comments:
# Each line staring with a # contains comments and will be ignored at execution time.
#
# Examples:
#
# Example 1:
# ...
# [Materials:ShaderName]
# SName1=SName2
# ...
# replaces the shader name for all materials with the current shader name 'SName1' to 'SName2'
#
# Example 2:
# ...
# [99]SName1=SName2
# ...
# sets the shader name of material number 99 to 'SName2' if the shader name is 'SName1'
#
# Example 3:
# ...
# [99]=SName2
# ...
# sets the shader name of material number 99 to 'SName2' regardless what it is currently.
#
# Section header for shader name name replacement
# Shader Names (non-fx shader)
# Note: Replacemet not activated ( commented out with #) due to Blender can hold the full name
#
# Tex=Tex
# TexDiff=TexDiff
# BlendATexDiff=BlendATexDiff
# AddTex=AddTex
# AddATex=AddATex

# N O T E : The following expressions are activated (not commented out with #)!
#
# Section header for shader name name replacement
[Materials:ShaderName]
# Shader Names (fx shader)
#
Shadow=StencilShadow.fx
TrDiff=TrainBasicObjectDiffuse.fx
TrGlass=TrainGlass.fx
TrSpec=TrainBasicObjectSpecular.fx
TrSpecEM=TrainSpecEnvMask.fx
TrBumpSpec=TrainBumpSpec.fx
TrBumpSpecEM=TrainBumpSpecEnvMask.fx
TrLightMap=TrainLightMapWithDiffuse.fx
TrEnv=TrainEnv.fx
TrFlora=TrainFlora.fx
TrVFaceFlora=TrainViewFacingFlora.fx
TrUpVFaceFlora=TrainUprightViewFacingFlora.fx
LoftTexDiff=LoftTexDiff.fx
LoftTexDiffTr=LoftTexDiffTrans.fx
Skin=SkinDiffuse.fx
Water=WaterCubeMap.fx
WaterScenery=WaterScenery.fx
Sky=TrainSkyDome.fx
[Materials:ZBufferMode]
[glass.*ZTO.*]=3
[Materials:AlphaTestMode]
[glass.*TRA.*]=1

Which folder is the IGS_ExpModFile.txt then placed in, is it the .blend file, or some where else please. :(
Sorry for being vague but I dont find the manual clear in its instructions.
Thank you for your help.

Mike
gavo01
Well Established Forum Member

Post by gavo01 »

Wherever you save your .blend files Mike is where you save your IGSExpModFile.
RiscaStation
Very Active Forum Member

Post by RiscaStation »

Hi Gav,

I assume I need to name the ModFile, my model is a box named untitled-1, so should I name the ModFile to this ;--- "untitled-1_IGSExpModFile.txt" without the commas and place this in the untitled-1.blend folder?
Thank you in advance.
Kind regards
Mike
gavo01 wrote:Wherever you save your .blend files Mike is where you save your IGSExpModFile.
gavo01

Post by gavo01 »

RiscaStation wrote:Hi Gav,

I assume I need to name the ModFile, my model is a box named untitled-1, so should I name the ModFile to this ;--- "untitled-1_IGSExpModFile.txt" without the commas and place this in the untitled-1.blend folder?
Just leave the name extension as it it Mike. The IGSExpModFile is for Blender shader purposes and isn't related to the name of the .blend file.
gavo01

Post by gavo01 »

Mike,

Here is a picture of my folder set up for my IGS_ExpModFile.
IGS Mod File.JPG
Hope this helps a little.
RiscaStation
Very Active Forum Member

Post by RiscaStation »

Hi Gav,

The reason I raised the question on "I assume I need to name the ModFile............." is this;--
IGS info.jpg
The consul is looking for ModFiles, the "default" file and a file "untitled-1_IGSExpModFile.txt" and cant find either.
I suppose the answer is to experiment and rename the IGSExpModFile.txt to the one the consul window is looking for and try that.
I have checked my texture file for the Alpha I created which is fine its just a matter of getting it into RailWorks which is the problem.

This is an extract from the Bigex manual, page 32/48 intitled Data modifications during export;--

"Right at beginning of the export process Bigex writes some status information into the console window,
and if enabled into a log file. These contain information about where both search & replace text files were
found and how many valid expressions were read. During further progress of the export Bigex prints in
detail which replacements were applied.
Both text files with the replacement expressions separate in one with a fixed name and one with a fixed
extension to the IA/IGS export file name. The first with the fixed name IGS_ExpModFile.txt resp.
IA_ExpModFile.txt can be used for replacements which are the same over all 3D models, such as e.g.
shader names.
The name for the model specific text files is built from the chosen IA/IGS export file name plus the fixed
extension _IGSExpModFile.txt resp. _IAExpModFile.txt.
Example: If the chosen IGS resp. IA export file name is MyEngine.igs, then the resulting file name for
this text file is MyEngine_IGSExpModFile.txt resp. MyEngine_IAExpModFile.txt
This type of EDM text files can be used for model specific modifications as e.g. merging of mesh objects
or modification of specific material attributes."

I will try what you have suggested with the location of the ModFile and see how I get on.
Kind regards
Mike
RiscaStation
Very Active Forum Member

Post by RiscaStation »

Hi Gav,

With some trial and error I have now been able to get my box into RailWorks and here is a screen capture of the box "untitled-1";
untitled-1.jpg
Thank you very much for sticking with me on this, without your help I may never have achieved this.

Kind regards
Mike
gavo01

Post by gavo01 »

Glad you got everything sorted Mike.
RiscaStation
Very Active Forum Member

Post by RiscaStation »

Hi Gav,

Thanks again for your help.

I like those BR signs you have uploaded, nice work.

Kind regards
Mike
gavo01

Post by gavo01 »

RiscaStation wrote:Hi Gav,

Thanks again for your help.

I like those BR signs you have uploaded, nice work.

Kind regards
Mike
Thanks for your kind words Mike.
I'm fairly sure once you get the hang of blender and what you can achieve, you will also be churning out similar stuff.

Return to “[RW] 3D Modelling”