Keyboard controls u/s when returning to saved scenario

Trains and Routes only entertain so far, what you need are engaging and entertaining scenarios. Here's where you can learn how to make bigger, better scenarios and really bring your virtual train world alive.

Moderator: Moderators

FrancescSV
Getting the hang of things now

Keyboard controls u/s when returning to saved scenario

Post by FrancescSV »

Since the latest update, when returning to a saved scenario the keyboard controls do not work, ie we're unable to move any cab controls except by means of the mouse. When this happens, I've found that going "outside" with view 4 and returning to the cab with keyboard 1 sorts the problem out. This is a solution, but certainly not the solution. Maybe the fact that now when returning to a saved scenario we appear inside the cab, not outside as before, might have something to do with it.

I've also found out that returning to a saved scenario without quitting from RW altogether, ie saving an scenario, leaving the game mode to check a manual, and then returning to the saved scenario, the keyboard commands do actually work.

Has anyone alse experienced this problem???
CaptScarlet
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Keyboard controls u/s when returning to saved scenario

Post by CaptScarlet »

FrancescSV wrote:
Has anyone else experienced this problem???
Hi, I just tried it out and yes I see the same issue, which the same fix working. I will report it to support as you should as well.

John
nigeltouatievans
Established Forum Member

Post by nigeltouatievans »

I have also experienced this since the update (although I had just thought it was intermittent, but I think you are right, it's to do with whether you restart RW or not). When the controls don't work there is a closed tab on the right hand side of the screen which isn't normally there (it's empty if you open it).

Also I have noticed that after loading a scenario saved in cab view, switching to an exterior view while moving results in a graphics error where some of the loco is left behind at the point where you switched (screen shot of what is left behind http://www.flickr.com/photos/49143077@N07/4570017359/).

I too have emailed support.
antonyperks
Very Active Forum Member

Post by antonyperks »

I noticed in the update news on steam that pre update saved games are saved in a different format than now, so will not work post update, something to do with Binary files?
AMD A8-7650K, 64Bit win 10, 240GB SSD-TS2016,Nvidia GTX 960 2GB, 1TB HD,750W Psu, 19" AOC Monitor.
nigeltouatievans
Established Forum Member

Post by nigeltouatievans »

antonyperks wrote:I noticed in the update news on steam that pre update saved games are saved in a different format than now, so will not work post update, something to do with Binary files?
Well, as far as I can remember, pre-update it didn't save the current view at all, so continuing would always start with the '2' view (I may be wrong though), so yes it does look like something to do with the new format, but possibly only in so much as it allows you to start a scenario in cab view. That's my guess anyway.

I did get a mail back from support the other day asking for more info, so it seems that RS.com are looking into this at any rate.

Return to “[RW] Scenario Creation”