Porting over your RailSim trains

Fire up your 3D modelling tool and start building some rolling stock, or find out what others are previewing here. If you have questions about how to make the blueprints work or what names mean what in models, here's the place to find out your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

RSAdam
Very Active Forum Member

Porting over your RailSim trains

Post by RSAdam »

If you have modelled a train in RailSim and you want to transfer it over to RailWorks, simply put it into RPK format using the RSDevTools Packager, and then use the RailWorks Package Manager found under the Package Manager Tab. Click the Install button and your done.

Suggestion
To prevent conflicts, do not port over any trains not produced yourself. I think it is best to let authors port their own content over and ensure they are happy with it before re-releasing as compatible with RailWorks.
almark
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Porting over your RailSim trains

Post by almark »

Does that mean we lose all the 47s etc until they are redone?
CajunRon50
Getting the hang of things now

Post by CajunRon50 »

Does this take care of "aliased" sounds? My Atlantic 4-4-2 steam locomotive uses the sounds of the Black 5 by pointing to the appropriate xml files in the Atlantic's blueprint. Just coping my Asset folder from Rail Simulator to RailWorks allows access to my Atlantic loco but I have no sounds even if I use the trick of installing the Black 5 somewhere in the same scenario.
CajunRon50
Getting the hang of things now

Post by CajunRon50 »

I was able to get both of my models ported over using the instructions from the RailWorks Asset Conversion Manual

http://s1.zetaboards.com/DigiRails_Forums/forum/961546
kingsgate
Established Forum Member

Post by kingsgate »

Just a quick note, all of our (DTs) stock works fine and without error in railworks.

Tor-K
Last of the Regent Princes - First of the Chimaeras.
Blackpatch
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Blackpatch »

kingsgate wrote:Just a quick note, all of our (DTs) stock works fine and without error in railworks.

Tor-K
Yes was pleased that non of my DT addons, which is probably everything you've released, has encounted any problems at all.

BP :D

Return to “[RW] Building Rolling Stock”