Locomotive nameplate

Fire up your 3D modelling tool and start building some rolling stock, or find out what others are previewing here. If you have questions about how to make the blueprints work or what names mean what in models, here's the place to find out your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

bwalker
Getting the hang of things now

Locomotive nameplate

Post by bwalker »

I have been trying to get locomotive nameplates and numbers on to a model that I am building but cannot find any way to do the nameplate automatically linked to the locomotive number. I am quite happy with producing a series of locomotives with numbers produced in a CSV file in the Source folder and can see how the basic csv file is set up in the RSC LMS Jubilee locomotive. From there everything fails !!. Any help on this would be very much appreciated.
b. walker
bdy26
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Locomotive nameplate

Post by bdy26 »

The nameplate is a separate "number" as a primary texture. Have a look at the railfreight grey 37 which has the sector logos on the side done that way. There would need to be an extra digit in the dcsv file to identity the nameplate texture that goes with that number.

B
http://bdy26.co.uk/sbhh/

Builder of The Cockermouth Keswick and Penrith Railway and Lancaster to Carlisle for RW; purveyor of dirty diesels to Vulcan Productions.
bwalker
Getting the hang of things now

Re: Locomotive nameplate

Post by bwalker »

Thanks for your reply. I believe that I tried that some time ago but could not get it to work. However, I will try it again and see what happens. From my inspection of the Jubilee loco Asset files that is what seems to be required.

b.walker

Return to “[RW] Building Rolling Stock”