Class 73

Fire up your 3D modelling tool and start building some rolling stock, or find out what others are previewing here. If you have questions about how to make the blueprints work or what names mean what in models, here's the place to find out your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

MallardFan
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Class 73

Post by MallardFan »

Ahh OK thanks
Image Image
Class 205 Thumper and Class 73 Electro-Diesel currently in the Engine Shed!
michaeldono
Very Active Forum Member

Post by michaeldono »

Perfect height now, maybe you could nudge it very slightly to the left, so it's more centred on the window.
dp123
Been on the forums for a while

Post by dp123 »

MallardFan wrote:OK I will try raising it a bit - thanks

do you think this image is taken from roughly drivers eye line?

http://www.davidheyscollection.com/user ... rol-2b.jpg

If so will help getting a suitable height

Edit: Also if anyone knows what's on the "back wall" of the Class 73 Cab would be most appreciated, else it will remain a plain wall
Depends what end it is. Electrical end (can't remember if thats No.1 cab or 2 cab) has a door with roughly in the centre of the rear bulkhead. Diesel engine end has the door behind the secondmans partition. The handbrake wheel (racking brains here, for some reason i have no photos of the rear bulkhead), I think its in the centre at the diesel end, and more towards the drivers side at the electrical end. All depends what end you're going to model. AWS and fire bell gubbins are at the top along the ceiling line behind the driver. There's a partition behind the driver and secondmans seats.

The last in game drivers view photo is pretty OK. Your eyeline falls roughly in the centre of the windscreen if looking straight ahead. The dual control picture is definitely too high, someone is standing up taking that.
MallardFan
Very Active Forum Member

Post by MallardFan »

dp123 wrote:
MallardFan wrote:OK I will try raising it a bit - thanks

do you think this image is taken from roughly drivers eye line?

http://www.davidheyscollection.com/user ... rol-2b.jpg

If so will help getting a suitable height

Edit: Also if anyone knows what's on the "back wall" of the Class 73 Cab would be most appreciated, else it will remain a plain wall
Depends what end it is. Electrical end (can't remember if thats No.1 cab or 2 cab) has a door with roughly in the centre of the rear bulkhead. Diesel engine end has the door behind the secondmans partition. The handbrake wheel (racking brains here, for some reason i have no photos of the rear bulkhead), I think its in the centre at the diesel end, and more towards the drivers side at the electrical end. All depends what end you're going to model. AWS and fire bell gubbins are at the top along the ceiling line behind the driver. There's a partition behind the driver and secondmans seats.

The last in game drivers view photo is pretty OK. Your eyeline falls roughly in the centre of the windscreen if looking straight ahead. The dual control picture is definitely too high, someone is standing up taking that.
Ahh... thats handy then I will have to choose which end then, unless the electric variant gets the alternative cab

Thanks veyr much for all the info :D
Image Image
michaeldono
Very Active Forum Member

Post by michaeldono »

Maybe you could make two different loco's, with different cabs in each?
MallardFan
Very Active Forum Member

Post by MallardFan »

michaeldono wrote:Maybe you could make two different loco's, with different cabs in each?
Yeah this is what I am thinking, as RW can;t so a proper Electro-Diesel loco, have the Electric version have one cab, and the diesel one have the other
Image Image
michaeldono
Very Active Forum Member

Post by michaeldono »

MallardFan wrote:
michaeldono wrote:Maybe you could make two different loco's, with different cabs in each?
Yeah this is what I am thinking, as RW can;t so a proper Electro-Diesel loco, have the Electric version have one cab, and the diesel one have the other
Then just tell the player to load part 2 of the scenario to change cabs. 8)
MallardFan
Very Active Forum Member

Post by MallardFan »

michaeldono wrote:
MallardFan wrote:
Then just tell the player to load part 2 of the scenario to change cabs. 8)
Exactly :D

OK with the rolling number boards, how do you set it up to show red when moving? Using decals, should I make the background red, and then put the decals on top, or make a red decal?
Image Image
MallardFan
Very Active Forum Member

Post by MallardFan »

OK a quick question, does anyone know what the four highlighted buttons/switches do?

You have the two buttons under the loudaphone, One is probably call, but not sure of the other. One is a push button on the secondmans side on the left of the horn. And the other is a switch on the secondmans windowsill

Thanks
Image Image
dp123
Been on the forums for a while

Post by dp123 »

The loudaphone has "Call" and "Speak" buttons.

The button on the secondmans side is "AWS reset" and the switch is a demister switch.
MallardFan
Very Active Forum Member

Post by MallardFan »

Ahh Thanks very much :D
Image Image
Irishrailguy
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Irishrailguy »

MallardFan wrote:Ahh Thanks very much :D
Going to accurately simulate de-misting are we? :lol: I just texture any small bits and pieces and leave them as they are, I go by the policy of 'if it's small, it does nothing at all' :roll: But that's probably not the right attitude...

Kev
MallardFan
Very Active Forum Member

Post by MallardFan »

Funny you should say that xD

I was thinking, if you can have switchs that can light maybe you could have misty steamed up windows that demist, but realised that would mean a separate winter model (don't get misted up in summer) :lol:

but I am trying to get all switches moving, even of it doesn't do anything :D
Image Image
michaeldono
Very Active Forum Member

Post by michaeldono »

If you manage to do all these things, I'd happily pay, or donate a bit for this, if it had good sound. I don't know how confident you are with the model, but maybe you could publish it through AP and then we'd have great sound as well :)

The 73 does look really good so far, I can't wait for the finished product :D
MallardFan
Very Active Forum Member

Post by MallardFan »

Yeah the sounds are going to be my biggest issue I think textures, animations and stuff may take time but I can get them sorted, but haven't a clue at where to even start at getting good sound recordings
Image Image

Return to “[RW] Building Rolling Stock”