Class 142

Fire up your 3D modelling tool and start building some rolling stock, or find out what others are previewing here. If you have questions about how to make the blueprints work or what names mean what in models, here's the place to find out your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

FoggyMorning
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Class 142

Post by FoggyMorning »

thetrainfan wrote:
pacerfan wrote:Soon.....pacergeddon can come to woodhead!
What an excellent idea, I must give it a go when released :D

Oh - some breaking news. From AP's Facebook:

In conjunction with Waggonz, we are very excited to announce our first fully-featured rolling stock add-on; the Class 142 Diesel Multiple Unit. To be released in September, this add-on pushes the boundaries of Train Simulator 2012 yet again and is certainly not one to be missed. Please check out the list below to get an idea of what’s in store:

- 11 liveries
- 3 cab styles
- Original & LED headlights where appropriate
- Detailed audio
- Accurate physics
- Cold start option with all power off
- Working master key
- Prototypical reverser function
- AWS self-test
- Semi-functional compressor speed-up
- Working DRA
- Engine temperature linked to exhaust smoke, ignition starting time & audio
- Independent driver and guard wipers
- Dynamic passengers, passengers board and leave the train when the doors are open
- Wheel slip / lock with in cab indicators, speedometer needle is affected appropriately
- User-operable saloon lights
- Cab & guard light
- Prototypical headlights with 5 position rotary switch
- Working roller destination blind
- Functional digital destination computer with correct route numbers
- Driver and guard cab lights
- Operable sun blinds
- Opening cab windows
- TSX headlight and rain effects

Keep an eye on our Facebook page for further screenshots and detail on this ground-breaking new add-on.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 664&type=1 Some brand new pics are uploaded and looks like new pictures will be uploaded to this album. Don't think you need a FB account to view this album.

I've also had a thought, it is September on Saturday :D
It's certainly something I'm looking forward to as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if release was held back until after the launch of TS2013

Steve
thetrainfan
Very Active Forum Member

Post by thetrainfan »

I don't think there will be anything substantial that will affect new rolling stock in TS2013 - last year with the introduction of rain effects and lights, yes but I don't think much will affect the 142. I could be completely wrong however and I understand it would be a nice little bonus if the 142 was released alongside TS2013.
Tankski
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Tankski »

thetrainfan wrote:would be a nice little bonus if the 142 was released alongside TS2013.
I personally don't see this happening, it's like releasing your own indie game on the same day as the latest Call of Duty; it's just not going to work and will probably (lets face it) result in a lower number of sales, etcetera.
FoggyMorning
Very Active Forum Member

Post by FoggyMorning »

I was thinking more along the lines of it being more sensible to wait and see if 2013 causes any little hiccups with the model before releasing it, rather than have to push a patch out afterwards
andyw823
Very Active Forum Member

Post by andyw823 »

FoggyMorning wrote:I was thinking more along the lines of it being more sensible to wait and see if 2013 causes any little hiccups with the model before releasing it, rather than have to push a patch out afterwards
That's exactly what I was thinking and makes very good sense.
AMD Phenom 2 x4 965 Black Edition 3.4ghz
ASUS M4A78LT-M Motherboard
Kingston 64gb SSD - Samsung 500gb HD
8gb DDR3 RAM
ATI HD5750 1gb GPU
BeQuiet Pure Power 530w PSU
whiterider
Established Forum Member

Post by whiterider »

According to RSC there shouldn't be any issues with this update. I did email them to confirm this and they confirmed it to me that nothing would need changing, you may need to update the files so that it will work in Quick Drive but currently that is being kept 'in-house', I'd take from that, that it will only be RSC add-ons to begin with.
michaeldono
Very Active Forum Member

Post by michaeldono »

Either it will be in early September, or sometime after the 20th. I don't think they'd want to wait 3 weeks with a finished product, but they might still be doing scenarios. And it's not really difficult to download a patch.
FoggyMorning
Very Active Forum Member

Post by FoggyMorning »

whiterider wrote:According to RSC there shouldn't be any issues with this update. I did email them to confirm this and they confirmed it to me that nothing would need changing, you may need to update the files so that it will work in Quick Drive but currently that is being kept 'in-house', I'd take from that, that it will only be RSC add-ons to begin with.
michaeldono wrote:Either it will be in early September, or sometime after the 20th. I don't think they'd want to wait 3 weeks with a finished product, but they might still be doing scenarios. And it's not really difficult to download a patch.
It would still be more sensible to wait and see first hand what the update brings.
No, it isn't difficult to download a patch, but it is infinitely preferable not to have the need to do so in the first place.
DavidH2005
Getting the hang of things now

Post by DavidH2005 »

Looking at the photos - looks a bit tight in the cab - need to be a super slim driver to get in that seat !

When I worked the 142's I don't remember them as tight as that.
give someone a green jacket and a red pen and they think they are "god" - so sad.
daemonmp3
Established Forum Member

Post by daemonmp3 »

Hi David,

The seat that was modeled was the one in our reference pics, it is a flip down - slide forward style. At one time we were going to have it animated but as the majority of time in the cab would be spent sitting on the seat, we thought it wasn't really worth it.

Cheers,

Chris.
msdejesus
Very Active Forum Member

Post by msdejesus »

That's a beautifully modelled cab.
daemonmp3
Established Forum Member

Post by daemonmp3 »

msdejesus wrote:That's a beautifully modelled cab.
Thanks Manuel :)

Chris.
andyw823
Very Active Forum Member

Post by andyw823 »

msdejesus wrote:That's a beautifully modelled cab.
I'll 2nd that.
AMD Phenom 2 x4 965 Black Edition 3.4ghz
ASUS M4A78LT-M Motherboard
Kingston 64gb SSD - Samsung 500gb HD
8gb DDR3 RAM
ATI HD5750 1gb GPU
BeQuiet Pure Power 530w PSU
michaeldono
Very Active Forum Member

Post by michaeldono »

I agree, it only makes me more excited for the 90 :D
Rockdoc2174
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Rockdoc2174 »

I had to look several times to make sure it wasn't a photo! That is just superb!

Keith

Return to “[RW] Building Rolling Stock”