What UK rolling stock would you prefer to see in RailWorks?

Fire up your 3D modelling tool and start building some rolling stock, or find out what others are previewing here. If you have questions about how to make the blueprints work or what names mean what in models, here's the place to find out your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

pendolinobasher
Well Established Forum Member

Re: What UK rolling stock would you prefer to see in RailWorks?

Post by pendolinobasher »

trainstation wrote:What about a class 172/3 that would be nice!!!

Trainstation

I believe one of them could be made when the electrostar pack gets released with a few minor alterations
SHEEP
Very Active Forum Member

Post by SHEEP »

A Beattie well tank,
An unusual looking loco, It looks like they forgot the tender :P

I've been to Eastbourne too, So what!
Kariban
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Kariban »

I absolutely second that. Anything designed by William Adams would also be more than welcome ( an 02 would be obvious for the IoW, I did think someone started one once though ). And an Ilfracome Goods, they lasted for ages.

And as Bob hasn't found this thread, a LNWR Oerliken set.
My posts are my opinion, and should be read as such.
sdark2
Established Forum Member

Post by sdark2 »

Kariban wrote:Hmm, and OTA timber wagon, and a PWA pallet van ( UKF used to use them, there was a model once iirc ).
Both of these are in progress and coming soon™

Personally, I would love to see APT-P in Railworks, hence why I'm creating it. Other than that, I would like:

Locos - Classes 73, 87, 89 to 92, 442 Wessex (wouldn't mind having a stab at the 442 myself if I can source the drawings) and maybe a 373 (Eurostar - with fully functional hi-tech cab and the route from Waterloo/St Pancras International along High Speed 1 and LGV Nord to Paris - 180mph running just begs me to ask... is Railworks (or my computer for that matter) fast enough to keep up!)
Coaches - M4s, Mk4 DVT & Mk3 DVT
Wagons - Anything BR Corporate Blue Era and newer.
I know the title says rolling stock but I'm adding this anyways (just to float it):
Routes - East Coast Main Line from King's Cross to Edinburgh (does it annoy anyone else that we only seem to get part of a route instead of an end-to-end? Surely this isn't a technical limitation...), WCML South (Carlisle to Euston). TransPennine, Waterloo to Weymouth... I could go on all night... and I'm guessing I'm not alone :lol:

Kr, Steve
Kariban
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Kariban »

I did actually work out how to do a bi-mode 73, but it's a monumental hack - best wait to see if we get game support for that. The 87 is well in progress. A 92 would be an interesting project indeed.

Waterloo I can't see happening, or actually Clapham appears to be not possible :P Weymouth to somewhere would be fun though ( and we need a TC if we're getting a 33 ). Mk4 + DVT are in progress too and I'm gonna badger Tankski until he finishes the Mk3 one :p
class508128
Getting the hang of things now

Post by class508128 »

1970s stock would be nice. Like well 150s 155s 158s 507s 508s 313s 314s 315s.Stuff like that would be very nice and also: 142s 143s 144s and a 442
hertsbob
Very Active Forum Member

Post by hertsbob »

Kariban wrote: And as Bob hasn't found this thread, a LNWR Oerlikon set.
I just know that nobody else is interested so I didn't see the point in asking. :cry: :wink:

Cheers

Bob
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
Commander Arnold Judas Rimmer

Things have finally happened!
http://dereksiddle.blogspot.co.uk/
Kariban
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Kariban »

Hey, wasn't there that other guy who wanted one? ;)

And to the dude above, asking for stock that's already available just wastes everyone's time.
danny3
Very Active Forum Member

Post by danny3 »

pendolinobasher wrote:
trainstation wrote:What about a class 172/3 that would be nice!!!

Trainstation

I believe one of them could be made when the electrostar pack gets released with a few minor alterations
Its not as simple as that, the electrostar has 20m carriages where as the turbostars (including the 172/3) are all 23m carriages ;)
No Longer Active
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

Kariban wrote: Waterloo I can't see happening, or actually Clapham appears to be not possible
Why couldn't Clapham or Waterloo happen? If you can get a representation in MSTS, why not RW? Surely PCs have come on since then and be able to cope with more.
The Class 303/311 pack - 26 EMUs for MSTS/OR covering every era of these iconic Clyde-based units. From Caley Blue to Carmine and Cream!
Available now on UKTS - File 34622
Kariban
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Kariban »

Because someone tried to make Clapham Jct a couple of weeks ago as a test.
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

Doesn't mean it can't be done. I didn't think it was possible in MSTS until Dave Corfield proved people wrong!

Hopefully someone will do it, most important part of the southern network, would be a waste not to have it.
The Class 303/311 pack - 26 EMUs for MSTS/OR covering every era of these iconic Clyde-based units. From Caley Blue to Carmine and Cream!
Available now on UKTS - File 34622
FoggyMorning
Very Active Forum Member

Post by FoggyMorning »

Just from looking at Google Earth Clapham looks less problematic than Battersea. Someone did post some WIPs of a route including both a while ago but it hasn't been updated recently
rivimey
Everyone needs a hug!

Post by rivimey »

I'd like to see more older carriage stock, including some of the 4- and 6-wheelers that lived on for some times on the backwaters.

The Suburban LNER Quad Art should be an interesting project:

Regards,
Ruth
Helping to build Cambridge Branch Lines in 1950 @ http://cambslines.ivimey.org
= - Personal : http://www.ivimey.org - = - Web Design : http://www.ivimey.com - =
Ferrisybuga
Been on the forums for a while

Post by Ferrisybuga »

Kariban wrote:I absolutely second that. Anything designed by William Adams would also be more than welcome ( an 02 would be obvious for the IoW, I did think someone started one once though ). And an Ilfracome Goods, they lasted for ages.

And as Bob hasn't found this thread, a LNWR Oerliken set.
Indeed two seperate Adams 02 builds were started but neither came to fruition, I have a copy of some basic scale drawings of this class in both its original & later modified guise - uploaded on Photobucket if anyone is interested the link is: http://s405.photobucket.com/albums/pp13 ... 4-4-0T.jpg.

With regards to rolling stock a Southern Railway Queen Mary bogie brake van would nicely complete the set of brake vans & provide something for Pete's (Karma99's) freeware Q1 to play around with.

Chris.

Return to “[RW] Building Rolling Stock”