What UK rolling stock would you prefer to see in RailWorks?

Fire up your 3D modelling tool and start building some rolling stock, or find out what others are previewing here. If you have questions about how to make the blueprints work or what names mean what in models, here's the place to find out your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

plewsy2105
Established Forum Member

Re: What UK rolling stock would you prefer to see in RailWorks?

Post by plewsy2105 »

some southern steamers would be nice :D
plewsy 2105
GWR (Gods Wonderful Railway)
LMSNCC (London Midland Scottish Northern County's Committee)
CDRJC (County Donegal Railway Joint Committee)
prairie4566
Very Active Forum Member

Post by prairie4566 »

Looks to me like this thread is going the same way as 'Is anyone going to make this?' But anyway...

Well at present I'm composing a collection of simple fictional preserved routes, based on what I've done before and linked by a mainline. So as I'm not really into diesels I'd say anything of the British Steam and, at the very least, British Green Diesel flavour.
TheTazman
Very Active Forum Member

Post by TheTazman »

I was going to make the same kind of post as this a few weeks ago, but it slipped my mind.

I would quite like to see some of the large car transporter wagons. Not sure what they are called the big 8 wheel ones.
malkymackay
Very Active Forum Member

Post by malkymackay »

TheTazman wrote:I would quite like to see some of the large car transporter wagons. Not sure what they are called the big 8 wheel ones.
Do you mean something like: http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brmoto ... #h15a429e9
I've just started to model it's baby brother which only had 4 wheels.

Or were you thinking of: http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brmoto ... #h1c2d3af7
They've got more than 8 wheels, being articulated & I do know someone who is considering making them.
Expanding the TS wagon fleet.
TheTazman
Very Active Forum Member

Post by TheTazman »

Yes the second pic. the double decker. That would look cool.
malkymackay wrote:
TheTazman wrote:I would quite like to see some of the large car transporter wagons. Not sure what they are called the big 8 wheel ones.
Do you mean something like: http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brmoto ... #h15a429e9
I've just started to model it's baby brother which only had 4 wheels.

Or were you thinking of: http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brmoto ... #h1c2d3af7
They've got more than 8 wheels, being articulated & I do know someone who is considering making them.
nsupersonic
Established Forum Member

Post by nsupersonic »

nsupersonic wrote:List not exhaustive - example picture all over the Internet
EMU units - at this present time NO BR payware EMU has ever been released on Railworks - only privately liveried class 380 and class 450 - all the following where blue /grey livery - before being repainted in another livery for a private company or just scrapped.
4BIG EMU
4COR EMU
4CEP EMU
4SUB EMU
2EPB EMU
4BEP EMU

Hopefully RS.com will release the 4CIG unit (class 421) soon as both it and the american GP9 locomotive, due for 20/05/2011 (see rs.com newsletter); have mysteriously gone quiet for some reason and other locos were announced instead. Also hopefully the class 67 modifications will also be forecoming soon, for the people that have purchased the DLC.

regards
Charles

see post in General discussion - 4SUB on it's way! - THANK YOU RICHARD! :D :D :D :D
Hobbyist Route Builder
Kariban
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Kariban »

I just noticed 2EPB there too, I have no idea why that's in a "want" list...

Anyway was this list about actual rolling stock as in not engines, or just general? I have a feeling he didn't mean anything powered...
My posts are my opinion, and should be read as such.
nsupersonic
Established Forum Member

Post by nsupersonic »

Kariban wrote:I just noticed 2EPB there too, I have no idea why that's in a "want" list...

Anyway was this list about actual rolling stock as in not engines, or just general? I have a feeling he didn't mean anything powered...

Everything on that list is 3RD rail powered units - all of them, I grew up with. The variety of powered units was limitless - 2 car 3 car 6 car 8 car 10 car 12 car combinations of all units (+more) turned up going on most SR lines. This was from the mid 1960's to the early seventies or so. If I get chance, I have got some old 35mm slides somewhere - will try and scan them and attach. real life commitments first.

Regards
Charles

p.s - it was before class 421 (CIG,BIG etc) designations were invented and hard foam seating in carriages. Everything was comfy springs then and I was sad to see B** ! numbing foam seats introduced. Today, the foam padding is so thin on Class 450's (Class 444 is ok) - it only takes about 10-15 minutes to get backache, despite SWT's feasibility study,shown on their website.
Hobbyist Route Builder
FoggyMorning
Very Active Forum Member

Post by FoggyMorning »

nsupersonic wrote:
Kariban wrote:I just noticed 2EPB there too, I have no idea why that's in a "want" list...

Everything on that list is 3RD rail powered units - all of them, I grew up with. The variety of powered units was limitless - 2 car 3 car 6 car 8 car 10 car 12 car combinations of all units (+more) turned up going on most SR lines. This was from the mid 1960's to the early seventies or so. If I get chance, I have got some old 35mm slides somewhere - will try and scan them and attach. real life commitments first.
There's already a 2EPB available though?

Steve
thetrainfan
Very Active Forum Member

Post by thetrainfan »

I would like to see twin container flats - http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5181/555 ... 622bc0.jpg

They come past my house twice a week, and I do miss them in RW!
Blackpatch
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Blackpatch »

Kariban
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Kariban »

Found myself wanting a Dogfish ballast hopper & a Shark the other day.
Kariban
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Kariban »

Hmm, and OTA timber wagon, and a PWA pallet van ( UKF used to use them, there was a model once iirc ).
stuart666
Very Active Forum Member

Post by stuart666 »

Gas wagons. They used to be at virtually every station on the network to replenish gas in carriage lamps in the days before electricity. Also some clerestories, preferably Great Western, but as they were often used on through services, any LNWR or LSWR examples would go down well.

If anyone does want to give it a go, ive plans for GW clerestories (non corridor) and the gas wagons, both of which could double for other regions if repainted.

Other than that, what about a wickhams railcar? Perhaps of limited use, but useful for doing a track inspection when building a route. :)
Tankski
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Tankski »

By rolling stock I mean "anything that runs/has run on the British rail network."

Return to “[RW] Building Rolling Stock”