What UK rolling stock would you prefer to see in RailWorks?

Fire up your 3D modelling tool and start building some rolling stock, or find out what others are previewing here. If you have questions about how to make the blueprints work or what names mean what in models, here's the place to find out your answers.

Moderator: Moderators

malcolmowen
Established Forum Member

Re: What UK rolling stock would you prefer to see in RailWorks?

Post by malcolmowen »

jimessex wrote:Class 321 would be awesome for Essex Valley. Otherwise any AC EMUS are needed
aye yes i agree with you sir we need a 321 :D
malkymackay
Very Active Forum Member

Post by malkymackay »

I wouldn't mind seeing Class 303,311,314,318,320 & 334. Any one would bring much needed variety to GARL or WCML North. You can only go so far with the 380 or the 317 as a stand in.
Expanding the TS wagon fleet.
marcusboon
Well Established Forum Member

Post by marcusboon »

My favourite period is BR in the sixties. We have a number of very well-made routes already available and others are in the pipeline, and we do not lack engines (although I have my wish list...). But, without pre-nationalisation passenger stock we cannot properly recreate the period, although some scenario builders have come close. So, please, lets have some examples of the very common ex-LMS Stanier period III corridor stock to begin with. And, yes, I would love to passenger coaches form the other big four companies as well, but I would opt for ex-LMS coaches first.

Marcus Boon
gavo01

Post by gavo01 »

Got to be one of these for me.
ashgray
Wafflus Maximus

Post by ashgray »

gavo01 wrote:Got to be one of these for me.
There was only ever one of those. :wink:

I'd love to see some GWR period coaching stock, so that we can run some of the old kettles we've got with prototypical old coaches, such as the centenary stock, toplights, clerestories, concertinas, etc.

Ash
Ashley Gray

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2Ghz Quad Core, Gigabyte Gaming Motherboard, 2 x 512Gb SSDs + 1TB SATA drives,
16 Gb DDR-4 Corsair RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 6Gb RAM, ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT Soundcard, Windows 10 64 bit
alanch
Very Active Forum Member

Post by alanch »

ashgray wrote:I'd love to see some GWR period coaching stock, so that we can run some of the old kettles we've got with prototypical old coaches, such as the centenary stock, toplights, clerestories, concertinas, etc.

Ash
I'll second that Ash - and they would go well with the Siphon G recently uploaded to Trainsim.com.
Alan

My railway photos are now on Google + - links to the albums are in this thread http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. ... 9&t=149558

Lots of steam and early diesels from 1959 to 1963.
nsupersonic
Established Forum Member

Post by nsupersonic »

List not exhaustive - example picture all over the Internet
EMU units - at this present time NO BR payware EMU has ever been released on Railworks - only privately liveried class 380 and class 450 - all the following where blue /grey livery - before being repainted in another livery for a private company or just scrapped.
4BIG EMU
4COR EMU
4CEP EMU
4SUB EMU
2EPB EMU
4BEP EMU

Hopefully RS.com will release the 4CIG unit (class 421) soon as both it and the american GP9 locomotive, due for 20/05/2011 (see rs.com newsletter); have mysteriously gone quiet for some reason and other locos were announced instead. Also hopefully the class 67 modifications will also be forecoming soon, for the people that have purchased the DLC.

regards
Charles
Hobbyist Route Builder
mjoliver1

Post by mjoliver1 »

I'd be very happy to see:

Class 423 (4VEP).

Mike
SHEEP
Very Active Forum Member

Post by SHEEP »

As a challenge to a builder / scripter and to Railworks the simulator,
A Class 73 that can run on diesel and then switch to run on 3rd rail and back again,

Also some more big four coaching and goods stock,
And of course SR Emu's & Demu's.
I've been to Eastbourne too, So what!
Kariban
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Kariban »

SHEEP wrote:As a challenge to a builder / scripter and to Railworks the simulator,
A Class 73 that can run on diesel and then switch to run on 3rd rail and back again,
Currently can't be done, I've looked at it twice so far. Well you can make it change between engine-off, 100% power, and engine-on, 40% or whatever, but you can do that *anywhere*. Engines can't find out what type of track they're on atm.
My posts are my opinion, and should be read as such.
Tankski
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Tankski »

Kariban wrote:
SHEEP wrote:As a challenge to a builder / scripter and to Railworks the simulator,
Currently can't be done, I've looked at it twice so far. Well you can make it change between engine-off, 100% power, and engine-on, 40% or whatever, but you can do that *anywhere*. Engines can't find out what type of track they're on atm.
So in effect, you'd either have to have a diesel powered version and a 3rd rail powered version.
Darpor
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Darpor »

robbieskaman wrote:I believe there is a big gap left for some one to produce some sort of track machine, be it a tamper, stone blower or if you want to be really adventurous the rail grinder
This is something I have wanted for a long time now. To be honest, my initial thoughts (way back in RS days) were to even have a Tamper as a static object to place in sidings.
DPSimulation - http://www.dpsimulation.org.uk/ - Free High Speed Downloads of TS2012 Content

DPSimulation Blog - http://dpsimulation.blogspot.co.uk/ - News, Views & Development Updates
Kariban
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Kariban »

Tankski wrote: So in effect, you'd either have to have a diesel powered version and a 3rd rail powered version.
I made a wish for a Call("GetTrackType") or similar for scripting, let's hope it arrives.
My posts are my opinion, and should be read as such.
goodfella
Been on the forums for a while

Post by goodfella »

For me a class 303 would be wonderful!
SHEEP
Very Active Forum Member

Post by SHEEP »

Darpor wrote:
robbieskaman wrote:I believe there is a big gap left for some one to produce some sort of track machine, be it a tamper, stone blower or if you want to be really adventurous the rail grinder
This is something I have wanted for a long time now. To be honest, my initial thoughts (way back in RS days) were to even have a Tamper as a static object to place in sidings.
I have a track relaying machine (TRM) half built, but i need more skills and info to finish it,
Most things that i start in 3D Canvas only get so far before i hit the lack of talent wall :D

I find one of the hardest but most important parts, is reading the tutorials.
I've been to Eastbourne too, So what!

Return to “[RW] Building Rolling Stock”