SpinTires by Oovee. New Demo and Kickerstarter!

18 Wheels of Steel, Rigs of Rods, Rig'n'Roll, Bus Driver, Bus Simulator and more!

Moderator: Moderators

nobkins
Very Active Forum Member

SpinTires by Oovee. New Demo and Kickerstarter!

Post by nobkins »

For those that do not know SpinTires is a very impressive off road truck simulator with some seriously impressive physics and graphics. A new demo has just been released along with the announcement of a KickStarter project to raise funding and assist with getting the game to completion.

It looks like a fantastic project and the demo is well worth a look if you like the idea of driving massive off road trucks on some very tricky terrain.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/358 ... -challenge
https://www.facebook.com/Spintires

and the demo is here:
http://www.oovee.co.uk/games/upcoming-games/spin-tires/

I'm thinking of backing the Kickstarter project myself. Never done one before.
TrainSimDev.com The community dedicated to those who create content for any Train Simulator.
Includes: Free downloads via torrent or browser, forum browsable by all, membership by invitation (any member can invite someone)
DavidVI
Well Established Forum Member

Re: SpinTires by Oovee. New Demo and Kickerstarter!

Post by DavidVI »

Some brilliant physics, i've not seen anything like it in any game before! This could be big success for Oovee if they get it backed. The engine could be sold on to other game companies... Good luck to them!
cvo2010

Post by cvo2010 »

This new demo is really cool, thank you for the link nobkins :) . Highly recommended.
A few screenshots.

Regards Claus
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

The same guy that did that amusing play of TS2012 & 13 has been plaing SpinTires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgO2fWqXcz4

Dave
nobkins
Very Active Forum Member

Post by nobkins »

Well it has got the £40,000 backing on Kickstarter it was aiming for. Now it is heading up towards the stretch goals!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/358 ... -challenge

Jim
TrainSimDev.com The community dedicated to those who create content for any Train Simulator.
Includes: Free downloads via torrent or browser, forum browsable by all, membership by invitation (any member can invite someone)
mckenziejames04
Established Forum Member

Post by mckenziejames04 »

Good god, those physics are amazing! Makes me wanna try this game out...
DavidVI

Post by DavidVI »

mckenziejames04 wrote:Good god, those physics are amazing! Makes me wanna try this game out...
Go on then? :P Theres a free demo! Two in fact.
nobkins
Very Active Forum Member

Post by nobkins »

It has been successfully funded so a game should be available at some point in the future. Well done Oovee
TransportSteve
Very Active Forum Member

Post by TransportSteve »

I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be a driver in any of the cabs, unless, you need to add it in yourself, is there an operations manual at all, does anyone know please ?

Cheerz. Transport Steve.
i5 4690 3.5GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.
Visit my flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/59849121@N08/
nobkins
Very Active Forum Member

Post by nobkins »

There is no driver in the cab that I am aware of. It is just a tech demo so there is not much to it other than driving a truck around and seeing how it interacts / performs within the environment.

Now that the game is funded we will hopefully over the coming months / year see some development of the game-play features etc.

Jim
TransportSteve
Very Active Forum Member

Post by TransportSteve »

Thanks for that info Jim, it's a bit weird not seeing a driver aboard, I'd have thought that would be the first thing you'd include.

Cheerz. Steve.
i5 4690 3.5GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.
Visit my flickr account - http://www.flickr.com/photos/59849121@N08/
Easilyconfused
Worried about Silent Chickens

Post by Easilyconfused »

Unlocked on release.
Kindest regards

John Lewis

Member of the forum moderation team
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

Bought this morning,
Not bad, I would say its still more of a tech demo than a game but if work continues on it then I look forward to carrying on playing it
Graphics are fantastic and runs smooth (video not representative of the fps I see) , couple of bugs with the physics but mostly work perfectly and Oovee are aware of the issues and are working on them.
Levels are large and there is a few, although they do get samey after a while.
Controls are pretty intuitive but you get used to the odd mappings (or you can reconfigure them), I find a controller is better than a keyboard.
The camera is what needs looking at the most, it has a default position of just to the left rear of your vehicle, which when you think about it is useful for seeing where your front wheels are heading towards especially when surrounded by muddy ruts, but trying to position it to look at anything else becomes tedious after a while.
Multiplayer is fun, I was watching Chris play this evening with someone and it does require some teamwork to get some of the vehicles through some sections
Overall, I like it and would recommend it, if you're into trucks/sims
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDRj_7szN5Y
Ignore the rows of Hashes in the top corner, for some reason the game wants to display my steam name permanently so I've obscured it for the video
Dave
AndyUK
Very Active Forum Member

Post by AndyUK »

DaveDewhurst wrote: .....The camera is what needs looking at the most, it has a default position of just to the left rear of your vehicle, which when you think about it is useful for seeing where your front wheels are heading towards especially when surrounded by muddy ruts, but trying to position it to look at anything else becomes tedious after a while...
Is there a driver's position view Dave?

Andy L
DaveDewhurst
Very Active Forum Member

Post by DaveDewhurst »

Not yet, it didn't make enough money during its KickStarter campaign.
I think they were going to add it in time for release if they raised 80k, they only got 60k ish (only :o )
so it didn't get added, although Ive seen mention of one being added later

Dave

Return to “[ROAD] Road-based Simulators”