Drive AI service?

Discussion about TRS related topics. [Please use the T2 forum to discuss Trainz Simulator: The new Era (T2) ]

Moderator: Moderators

fakenham1
Established Forum Member

Drive AI service?

Post by fakenham1 »

Quick question. I've just got back into TRS2019, playing with the excellent Midshire/Rosworth route - what amazing scenery! Performance seems really good now as well, v smooth.

My question is (this is a very noobish question, apols in advance), how can I take control of one of my AI trains and drive it's path that I created for it? I've created lots of AI services that repeat their routings (v powerful editor!), but I'd like to just pick one and drive it myself. If I use the stop train command, I can take control but I lose the pathing info that I created for it. Therefore I have to manually change the points which is not ideal. Surely there must be a simple way of taking control with the original pathing intact? I think I'm missing something obvious!
Many thanks.
bigvern
Chief Track Welder

Re: Drive AI service?

Post by bigvern »

Unfortunately I don't think so. Still one of the weaknesses of Trainz, you cannot easily set up a player timetable as in the other sims or jump into an AI and have it retain the command string.
fakenham1
Established Forum Member

Post by fakenham1 »

Cheers Vern, I thought so. Seems strange when you can create all these wonderful services and then can't run one of them as a driver. I'd have thought that option would be easy code in.
I guess I can use the setjunctions command which is a bit of a faf tbh.

On the plus side, I'm getting to grips with the scenery editor, getting some nice results especially countryside scenes - seems to be better than TS classic in that respect.
bigvern
Chief Track Welder

Post by bigvern »

Yes that is Trainz' strong point - Surveyor. I have all but given up trying to do anything in MSTS (TSRE) or TS (DTG) as it is just too much like hard work these days. Also I like recreating model railways. Just bought a brace of old Railway Modellers from 1979/1980 and looking forward to tackling some of those JG Glover/Roy Link proto model plans.

Return to “[TRS] General Trainz Discussion”