Missing Shape Files

Created by Okrasa Ghia as a set of extended track pieces designed to coincide with the default track that comes with MSTS, XTracks has become one of the most essential additions that you must have on your machine since most routes make use of it.

Moderator: Moderators

woggit
Been on the forums for a while

Missing Shape Files

Post by woggit »

Having (with quite a few difficulties - not connected with X-Tracks!) I seem to have some missing files. The route in question is Pentecosta V2. At some locations the simulation freezes with error reports. The two which re missing are "A2t20mStrt.s" and "A1t0_2mStrt.s". I have X-Tracks version 3.18 installed, and the latest version of T section.dat. Any ideas where I could find these files???
emrhd01
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Missing Shape Files

Post by emrhd01 »

Hi Woggit,

I believe those files are Track.

You say that you have Xtracks 3.18 loaded, the latest Xtracks is on the front page and is 3.20. If Pentecosta V2 is a recent Route this may require 3.20.

http://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info. ... leid=14093

Load it and give it a try.
Rob.
Proud to be a member of the VW/SSS BETA Testing Team.
woggit

Post by woggit »

Thanks for your reply Robert. I had (slowly) realised that the missing files were X-Tracks track section data. Before installing the latest vesion I had a lot of missing files reported. After posting this message on this forum, I did the obvious - e-mailed the author of the route!! I will try the new version of X-Tracks.
woggit

Post by woggit »

I have found a solution to this problem & post it here in case any one else meets the same problem. The solution is on the "Train-Sim" American website. The file in question IS an X-Tracks file, but is obsolete. It apparently caused problems with some lineside shapes such as posts & gantries. The solution is to take the file A1t0_3mStrt.s and ite equivalent '.sd' file; copy them and then re-name them as A1t0_2Strt.s and so on. The tracks inquestion are 0.2 metres and 0.3 metres long. The difference is 10cms!. It may not satisfy purists, but the route works!!!
leveritt

Post by leveritt »

woggit wrote:The file in question IS an X-Tracks file, but is obsolete.
Actually, according to the Xtracks author as well as the STD Global TSection.dat, the A1t0_2mStrt was never a part of Xtracks:
http://forums.flightsim.com/vbts/showth ... 7#poststop

As an interim measure:
http://forums.flightsim.com/vbts/showth ... ost1369175

After much searching about, I finally located the original and perhaps the rest of "Dietmar Jülich's" track collection:
http://forums.flightsim.com/vbts/showth ... 7#poststop
Search for "Kai Schadeberg" or "RWger_91.zip" at http://www.the-train.de.

EDIT: Don't use the TSection.dat in "RWger_91.zip". :)

regards,
charlie
jtiffin
Well Established Forum Member

Post by jtiffin »

Mine is working okay.
ashgray
Wafflus Maximus

Post by ashgray »

jtiffin wrote:Mine is working okay.
Not helpful Andrew, since the poster's obviously isn't!

Ash
Ashley Gray

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2Ghz Quad Core, Gigabyte Gaming Motherboard, 2 x 512Gb SSDs + 1TB SATA drives,
16 Gb DDR-4 Corsair RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 6Gb RAM, ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT Soundcard, Windows 10 64 bit
IceMcLaren
New to the Forums

Post by IceMcLaren »

Hi guys, I am new here.

I have a problem, I am building a track and I need a4t750r shape file, but I cant find it in shapes file in my GLOBAL. But it is written in tsectin.dat file. Can someone please help me?

I have Xtracks 3.20

P.S. Sorry for my english, I am from Slovakia
nordicbear
Getting the hang of things now

Post by nordicbear »

IceMcLaren wrote:I have a problem, I am building a track and I need a4t750r shape file, but I cant find it in shapes file in my GLOBAL. But it is written in tsectin.dat file. Can someone please help me?
@IceMcLaren

Oops. You are right. It looks like these shapes were missing in the xtracks package.
I have compiled these four track shapes for you: (click)

Please note: If you want to share your route with others, make sure that these files will be available with your route. Because all standard xtracks users might miss it like you did before.

Best regards
nordicbear

Return to “[MSTS1] XTracks Track”