3.19 Xtracks

Created by Okrasa Ghia as a set of extended track pieces designed to coincide with the default track that comes with MSTS, XTracks has become one of the most essential additions that you must have on your machine since most routes make use of it.

Moderator: Moderators

systema
Very Active Forum Member

3.19 Xtracks

Post by systema »

I have just downloaded and installed the latest version of the excellent xtracks.

I have noticed minor errors with the 2.5 deg right points shape files which have 'incorrect' ref to the concrete3.ace. The left hand points are OK pointing to the standard ACleanTrack2.ace.

Mick Clarke
Heading North and East
[album 86570 OR_Supporter_Logo_Red.jpg]
nordicbear
Getting the hang of things now

Re: 3.19 Xtracks

Post by nordicbear »

@systema
You are right. This was a mix-up error. It passed all testing undetected :oops:
Okrasa Ghia is notified about that. A corrected version will come soon.

You may help yourself that way
1. delete a1tPnt2_5dRgtMnl.s
2. rename a1tPnt2_5dRgtConcrete.s to a1tPnt2_5dRgtMnl.s
3. rename a1tPnt2_5dRgt.s to a1tPnt2_5dRgtConcrete.s
4. copy a1tPnt2_5dRgtMnl.s and rename it to a1tPnt2_5dRgt.s

Sorry for that.
Norbert
systema
Very Active Forum Member

Post by systema »

Norbert,

Thanks for your quick response.

I had already modified the shape files to show the standard trackbed, which I prefer.

I have actually used your 2.5deg high speed points in Mid East Plus, but these come with the concrete3.ace as default. I have changed these to normal track bed as well for the time being.

Would it be possible to have a high speed version of these points with standard trackbed incorporated into Xtracks and the Tsection.dat, and renaming the existing ones to 2.5HSconcrete or something? I'm afraid I like the points but not the concrete trackbed and they stick out like a sore thumb amongst miles of normal trackbed.

This would be better as then people who get the route would not have to modify their Xtracks files.

Apart from this minor niggle I think Xtracks is now an excellent adjunct for MSTS. In particular the tunnels and latest additions are a lot better and junctions and crossovers are now easier to make.

Mick Clarke
Heading North and East
jbilton
Very Active Forum Member

Post by jbilton »

Hi
Theres a fix available on http://www.thetrain.de , by Norbert I believe.
Cheers
Jon
------------------------Supporting whats good in the British community------------------------
nordicbear
Getting the hang of things now

Post by nordicbear »

systema wrote:Would it be possible to have a high speed version of these points with standard trackbed incorporated into Xtracks and the Tsection.dat, and renaming the existing ones to 2.5HSconcrete or something? I'm afraid I like the points but not the concrete trackbed and they stick out like a sore thumb amongst miles of normal trackbed.
@systema
Trackbed texture files are always a subject to change by the route's editor.
The easiest way to deal with track sections which require unwanted concrete* textures is to rename a copy of your route's acleantrack1.ace to concrete3.ace. If concrete3 looks like acleantrack1 there is no editing required.

But those contrete textures should give you an option to make a difference (e.g. use brighter ballast). You are really not restricted to use these ... sample files coming with the Xtracks route builder's edition.

Please have a look at my a*HPnt models. These are special HS versions with a moving frog.
With A2tHPnt* sections you can build a crossover with two clicks.

Norbert
systema
Very Active Forum Member

Post by systema »

Norbert
Trackbed texture files are always a subject to change by the route's editor.
Yes, you are quite correct. I hadn't thought of replacing the concrete3.ace with acleantrack1 ace. I will do this as I shall not be using the original version of concrete3 ace. To my eyes its far too bright.
Please have a look at my a*HPnt models. These are special HS versions with a moving frog.
With A2tHPnt* sections you can build a crossover with two clicks.
I have already used these but the concrete ballast looks out of place, thats why I'm changing the concrete3 ace.

Thanks again

Mick Clarke
Heading North and East

Return to “[MSTS1] XTracks Track”