Mine Tracks

Created by Okrasa Ghia as a set of extended track pieces designed to coincide with the default track that comes with MSTS, XTracks has become one of the most essential additions that you must have on your machine since most routes make use of it.

Moderator: Moderators

timothyedwinskinner
New to the Forums

Mine Tracks

Post by timothyedwinskinner »

Hi all - I would appreciate a steer for some mine track I have to lay in the Uintah route I am building..

I am looking at extra-narrow mine track as the route is already built in Xtracks N 3foot.
Mine tracks of 2 foot would be good.

(1) I have tried using ShapeFileManager to reduce size of Xtracks N. I get nice pieces but the blue pole pops up where the original pre-shrunk piece would have ended. So, I get 10m, then a 10m gap, then 10m, etc.

(2) I don't do much in TSM but I think I should be able to make a rail, copy and join two then curve it. No ties. Do you think this will work in practice?

(3) Is there a third way? I have some dual track where transfers to Rio Grande standard gauge from Uintah narrow gauge took place, but I think the mine tracks are going to be inanimate/static/eye-candy.

Timothy
timothyedwinskinner
New to the Forums

Re: Mine Tracks

Post by timothyedwinskinner »

I have figured things out whilst the post above was being approved..
I know now how to scale down tracks without losing control of length, and
I found the Via Metrica download for 600mm track at trensim.com.
So, progress can continue..

Return to “[MSTS1] XTracks Track”