moscow -kiev and kievskiy hod routes

Created by Okrasa Ghia as a set of extended track pieces designed to coincide with the default track that comes with MSTS, XTracks has become one of the most essential additions that you must have on your machine since most routes make use of it.

Moderator: Moderators

paulgalloway
Getting the hang of things now

moscow -kiev and kievskiy hod routes

Post by paulgalloway »

i have just installed moscow kiev route and kievskiy hod route i tried to explore both routes both routes wont start up i have newroads v4 installed and xtracks 3.20 and imr railpack does any one have these routes if anybody has them please could you give me instructions on how to fix the problems i checked my other routes and they work except the two russian ones
markh5682
Very Active Forum Member

Re: moscow -kiev and kievskiy hod routes

Post by markh5682 »

Make sure there are some paths/acts set up for the routes, or they will not show up in MSTS.

Some Russian and eastern European add-ons are written in Cyrillic text, which the English version of windows does not recognise, so that MSTS displays ? instead of a Cyrillic character and will not load, you can either change the Cyrillic text to Roman text (English) or update windows to recognise Cyrillic text, I have added Russian text to my copy of windows, so I no longer have the problem of programs not recognizing Cyrillic text.

In routes it is usually the acts, paths, services etc. written in Cyrillic that causes the problem, does the route show up in AE? if so, try writing a simple act for it, that will make it show up in the main MSTS program.
Regards
Mark.
paulgalloway
Getting the hang of things now

Post by paulgalloway »

hi ya mark i found a post on the trainsim.ru. problem with installing routes have you heard of IMR PACK it has 4 bat files
it is necessary to install in a globel textures and shapes folder but i am not sure what the man is on about. i tried to register on the trainsim.ru forum but no luck at all. i wish these routes were easy to install with no problems i have everything the routes required but wasnt sure how to setup the imr pack i tried the batfiles files not found
markh5682
Very Active Forum Member

Post by markh5682 »

Hi Paul

I have downloaded the "rail IMR_railpack v5.0" but not tried using it yet, If I get it working I'll post it on here.

Check in your route files, if the TDB, TRK, RDB, etc. files are in Cyrillic, then the route will not run, you can download a language pack called Russify, (haven't tried that yet either) which from what I can make out will allow MSTS to read Cyrillic.

http://trainsim.ru/index.php?action=getfile&id=383 russify.

PLEASE NOTE

Please do not try Russify on your normal MSTS intallation, better to make a separate installation especially for it, as it will probably change the whole game language to Russian, OK for Russian routes but not for the rest of your content.
Regards
Mark.
markh5682
Very Active Forum Member

Post by markh5682 »

I have not been able to try out the "rail IMR_railpack v5.0" as the routes you mention above that require the rail profiles seem to be no longer available.
Regards
Mark.

Return to “[MSTS1] XTracks Track”