3 Way Points

Created by Okrasa Ghia as a set of extended track pieces designed to coincide with the default track that comes with MSTS, XTracks has become one of the most essential additions that you must have on your machine since most routes make use of it.

Moderator: Moderators

MattBatt
New to the Forums

3 Way Points

Post by MattBatt »

I would be most grateful for any assistance as I am new to using XTracks. I am using XTracks 3.2 and Tsection.dat #38.

I have tried to use both A1tPnt3w10d50rLftRgtMnl and A1t3wayPnt10dMnl but in both cases, although RE shows the paths as valid, I can only switch to 2 of the three paths.

In Tsection.dat A1tPnt3w10d50rLftRgtMnl includes the line Numpaths (2). (same code included in build #41). I would have thought this should be 3 as in the case of the other shape mentioned above.

My question is have anybody been able to switch to each of the three possible paths and if so how. Are there any alternative shapes to those I have mentioned.

Many thanks.

Matt
nordicbear
Getting the hang of things now

Re: 3 Way Points

Post by nordicbear »

Hi Matt,

A1t3waypnt10dmnl.s was something like a test object and was never enabled to use all three pathes.
In the Xtracks documentation, under Track Charts, you can find it sorted out as deprecated section (scroll to the bottom of the page)

Working 3 way switches are those versions from Steven Masters:
A1tPnt3w10d150rLftRgtMnl1.s + A1tPnt3w10d150rLftRgtMnl2.s
A1tPnt3w10d150rRgtLftMnl1.s + A1tPnt3w10d150rRgtLftMnl2.s

Don't forget to add the switch #2 inside the first object to get the missing NumPath and a working 3 way point.
Because of the short distance you may not be able to change the second switch unless you are approaching very slowly.
But it is definitely working (in activities).

(If you like to use OpenRails, you will be able to throw the switch by ALT + mouse click) :wink:

Best regards,
Norbert
MattBatt
New to the Forums

Post by MattBatt »

Hi Norbet

Thank you so much for your reply to my query. I did try the version by Steven Masters but it may have been that I was approaching too fast.

I will try again and also investigate OpenRails which I have not heard of. Thanks again.

Kind regards.

Matt
MattBatt
New to the Forums

Post by MattBatt »

Hi Norbert

Firstly I apologise for incorrectly spelling your name in my last post!

I am pleased to say that I am now able to access all three paths on Steven Masters' version of the 3 way point - thanks to your advice. I had assumed that all three paths were accessible and would be shown prior to entering the point. I now understand, having proceeded slowly, that there are two stages involved.

As mentioned in my original post am new to XTracks. I note on the XTracks FAQ that there is an issue with the switches being shown the wrong way round in the F8 window. Is there a way of correcting this as it affects several points on my route? I hope you do not mind this additional query.

Kind regards.

Matt
nordicbear
Getting the hang of things now

Post by nordicbear »

Hi Matt,

Up to now I have not found the secret about the switch monitor. You may use the track monitor (F4) to see if the path goes the default way or not. If you doubt about a switch arrow on the track monitors' path belongs to the very next switch, you may test it by pressing G twice (first to test if the arrow appears closer to your position, second to reset).

I know this is not perfect. But there is no need to dig deeper, OpenRails will do it better. :wink:

Best regards,
Norbert
MattBatt
New to the Forums

Post by MattBatt »

Hi again Norbert

Thanks once more for your advice. I wasn't sure whether I had missed something regarding the switch display but I see I did not.

Thanks for the tips. I have only had a brief look at OpenRails following your mention of it but will investigate further.

Your help had been much appreciated.

Kind regards.

Matt

Return to “[MSTS1] XTracks Track”