1st Activity Created (6am HST - ECE - York to KX via Leeds)

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

gswindale
Very Active Forum Member

Re: 1st Activity Created (6am HST - ECE - York to KX via Leeds)

Post by gswindale »

According to EB, if you have all 4 parts, then you should install the Part 2 patch after Part 3, but before Part 4. Therefore I would hazard a guess that Part 3 should always be installed prior to the Part 2 patch.
Geoffrey Swindale.
Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
aniceguy
Been on the forums for a while

Post by aniceguy »

gswindale wrote:According to EB, if you have all 4 parts, then you should install the Part 2 patch after Part 3, but before Part 4. Therefore I would hazard a guess that Part 3 should always be installed prior to the Part 2 patch.
Thats because they built the patch before they released Part 4 :)

That doesn't change anything as you still installed Part 3 before Part 4 with what I have suggested. I found I had trouble with Part 3 activities after installing the Part 2 patch so that's why I did it before creating this activity. lol

Gay!
My FS & MSTS Projects are now available (click on my signature image)

scottm

Post by scottm »

Case Resolved 8)

I uninstalled all parts of ECE (also deleted it from routes folder). I then installed parts 1 & 2 then the patch and finally part 3. Just fired up the activity and hey presto, I was in the cab of an HST!

Thanks for taking the time to help 'aniceguy'! 8)
Visit my YouTube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/scottm16
aniceguy

Post by aniceguy »

Brilliant. Means my testing was successful. Glad you got it working :)

Will add this information to my web site when I get it up .. currently re-designing it as I have a main site (which is my album); then two other sub sections (my Flight Sim work and my MSTS stuff).

aniceguy

Post by aniceguy »

gswindale wrote:I had some troubles late last night, but have not had chance to look into them yet.

For what it's worth, I ran the install, changed the destination directory to an alternative location to see why the installer was so large compared to a .apk file.

I then copied the activities,paths & services folder into my ECE route directory - left the consists alone as they already existed, but I do know that I had an error about eb_voyager x2.con not being found despite it being there - this on a Vista install with MSTS in d:\train simulator.

Have a large list of other add-ons, but these are all stored in Trainstore, so shouldn't interfere.

I'll open up in AE later - but when I clicked "yes" to all the messages, I did get the act to start.
Any look in solving this one? Thanks Pete 8)

PS: The gay part wasn't directed at you mate :) .. it was referring to the patch thing

gswindale
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gswindale »

yep - now sorted.

Other error message was to do with EB_225_SwallowRev_Night.con which for some reason Trainstore decided to leave stored when I unstored the route - that was causing a failed on load error message about one of the paths, but is now sorted.

Haven't had much time to drive at the moment, but will let you know how it goes when I get finished.

Sorry - I always try to do things a bit differently from intended by the author if it's not a straightforward .apk file or a selection of files to directly extract into the trains folder - just to be sure I know exactly what is being installed into my installation.
Geoffrey Swindale.
aniceguy

Post by aniceguy »

gswindale wrote:yep - now sorted.

Sorry - I always try to do things a bit differently from intended by the author if it's not a straightforward .apk file or a selection of files to directly extract into the trains folder - just to be sure I know exactly what is being installed into my installation.
No problem man, just like to know.

I can respect that you "extract" it out first before installing. Just be cautious when doing things like this because during my installation another setup runs which configures the sounds to be used for the HST; which in turn also updates the eng and wag files for the fix to the 'coupler broken' message that I got during testing; however this was explained during the setup and in the readme.

Just to let you know: I always make sure I run a virus scan during creation of the main setup.exe just to be absolutely sure no viruses get embedded inside them. I also run a deep one when uploading using up to date AVG and Kaspersky :)

gswindale
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gswindale »

To be honest, it's not just viruses I'm concerned about.

I have 2 reasons - one is that I've experienced installers for stock that have created all sorts of initial havoc with regards to not being able to find a number of .eng/.wag files for consists that should never have been in the installer. It is just paranoia on my part - not a reflection on the uploaders.

The 2nd is that with some installers, I like to then repackage the whole lot up for backup purposes to save reinstalling several items - the MT stock packs are a prime example of this - once purchased, I'll install to say d:\mtsetup, install the livery packs to the same location, create an installer based on these - run that into my MSTS installation and away I go - have the originals and a single install backup in case of PC problems.
Geoffrey Swindale.
aniceguy

Post by aniceguy »

Fair enough. Just remember not to re-distribute :)

aniceguy

Post by aniceguy »

Activity updated to version 1.1 after discovering the player service timetable was incorrect in the original release. See top post on page 1 of this thread :)

dennisat
Well Established Forum Member

Post by dennisat »

I've just installed V1.1 and have got as far as Wakefield Westgate with no problems. I've got all parts of ECE installed, TrainStore and the BIN patch. I'll see how it goes from here! 8)

Dennis
bigal516

Post by bigal516 »

I was in the same boat as scottm, with a couple of error messages about the York Platform number, but I followed the advice to uninstall all 3 ECE parts and then reinstall but with the patch installed directly after ECE2, and job's a good'un!

Other than that, I must say the installation procedure for this activity was very impressive with minimum effort on my part, the HST sounds great and the activity so far is a whole lot of fun. Thanks very much for it.
aniceguy

Post by aniceguy »

Thanks for the feedback; mind if I quote this on my web site pages?

bigal516

Post by bigal516 »

By all means :D
aniceguy

Post by aniceguy »

Thanks, when I get it deisnged and implemented of course. Currently learning CSS layout as not sure whether or not to use CSS or a traditional table layout which I am very familiar with.
bigal516 wrote:Other than that, I must say the installation procedure for this activity was very impressive with minimum effort on my part ...
This is great stuff to hear back as well. You need excellent logic to work out such steps of what needs to be installed prior to installing other files. The hard part is the testing to make sure everything is ok and not being deleted after uninstallation (for example only the activity files are uninstalled. None of the consists or the sounds, just in case they are being used after my activity is uninstalled).

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”