Computer driven activities

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

ACE2K1
Getting the hang of things now

Post by ACE2K1 »

Is there a way of creating your own activities like the introductory train rides where the computer controls the train and you just sit back & relax ? I want to have some on non-standard routes but I don't know if there is a way to do it.

Thanks
ianm42
Very Active Forum Member

Post by ianm42 »

Someone once created an activity where you just run the Wickham trolley into a siding and then sit and watch lots of trains go by, a sort of 'train spotting' activity.
delticbob
Well Established Forum Member

Post by delticbob »

As I understand it you can have one introductory train ride per route.

If you want to set one up for a spacific route it needs to be (correct me some one if I'm wrong) a straight A - B activity, so no fancy shunting in sidings.

To set it up, assuming that the route does not already have an introductory train ride, open MSTS, click on ROUTES, click on the chosen Route, click on activities, click on the activity file you want to amend and open it in Wordpad. Look down about 14 lines & you will see the line "Mode ( 2 )". Change the "2" to a "0", save and exit. Thats all there is. If your route has an introductory train ride already, just change the "0" to "2" then you can install your own.

Bob

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: delticbob on 2002-05-31 17:01 ]</font>

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”