Waiting in a loop

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

edmundkinder
Getting the hang of things now

Post by edmundkinder »

Hi
This has probably been talked about already, or is in a help file somewhere, but here's the issue. I'm running a slow moving freight northwards from Settle to Carlisle. 10 minutes behind it I have a light engine. The idea was to test my upper quadrant signalling (due on UKTrainsim this week). At Blea Moor I make the freight go into the loop and have asked it to wait 20 minutes before proceeding to Carlisle. The intention was to let my light engine go by on the main.

However, the freight goes in the loop and stops correctly, but whenever I approach Blea Moor on the down main, it holds me at the starting signal and lets the freight back on to the main line in front of me. Altering the time for the freight to make it longer has no effect.

Blea Moor is correctly signalled and the freight stops well short of the starting siding signal in the loop and fits within the loop.

I feel there's something else I should be doing here when setting up the freight in the Activity Creator.

Can anyone help here?
Cheers
Edmund
MartinH
Not a TooMuchTime user if his girlfriend asks!

Post by MartinH »

Just to confirm, you are in the light engine and are overtaking the freight. Yes?

Take a look at the signals in the activity editor as you run the sim. You should see a few signals being set up ahead of both trains. You will probably find that the starting signal for the freight is already green before the light engine arrives, therefore the freight goes first. The easy answer in this case is to put two reverse points in the freight train path. The signals will not be set up beyond the loop until the reverse points have been reached. Hopefully, if you time it right, this will allow the signals to be set for the light engine.

Martin
edmundkinder

Post by edmundkinder »

Yes, it's me in the light engine!!

Martin, many thanks for that I'll give it go later tonight

Cheers
Edmund
brownairwolf

Post by brownairwolf »

I thought that AI trains did not adhere to waiting function in AE.
Nick

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”