New Activity

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

daza85
Getting the hang of things now

Post by daza85 »

Hi All,
Just to let you know I will be releasing the first activity in a whole group of activitys on the ECML 3.1 Route. Each Activity will be linked in someway.
The first will be available soon.
This is the
"A Day in the Life" -- Part 1 -- Freight

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daza85 on 2002-05-27 12:04 ]</font>
daza85

Post by daza85 »

Hi,
Part 1 of the "A Day in the Life" series is now released. You will run an EWS class 66 on a coal train encountering AI traffic on the way.
Look out for part 2 "Local Duties" SOON

DAZA85
asalmon
Very Active Forum Member

Post by asalmon »

Hmmm. Bit of an easy one that!

I get activity complete as soon as it loads, before I've even released the brakes!

I couldn't find all the stock - you don't give a filename for the greatwestern coaches, and I can't find those virgin coaches here, so I used activity analysis to make adjustments - I wonder if that messed it up?

-Alan
BobLatimer
Very Active Forum Member

Post by BobLatimer »

The GW coaches are in a file called hstwithcoachesv2.zip. I think I must have got it from the old trainsimfiles. Can't find it posted anywhere now. The author has his own site with the 43003 but not the coaches. It's Steven Weller at trainsims.tripod.com

I had the same problem with the "Activity Complete" just after it loaded.
asalmon
Very Active Forum Member

Post by asalmon »

Ah, thanks for that. I don't have them, but replaced them with some other coaches I had. As you got the "activity complete" straight away too, it's not this change that's broken it!

For the record I think the virgin coaches are from train-sim.com as mk2dset3.zip

Alan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: asalmon on 2002-05-28 13:12 ]</font>
daza85

Post by daza85 »

Sorry bout that. I have uploaded Version 1.01 which fixes the "completed activity problem"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Daza85 on 2002-05-28 12:58 ]</font>
Guvnor

Post by Guvnor »

Hi Folks

I notice that some of you have found a way round the GWR coaches problem. Can anyone guide me how to do this as I would like to use the First GWR Mk 3 set to match the Class 43 First GWR.

I have posted similar messages under related topics.

Thanks

Ian
asalmon
Very Active Forum Member

Post by asalmon »

I got round it by using activity analysis from e-to software - a couple of clicks of the mouse and job done.

There is a review of this program on the ukts front page.
GrahamP
Been on the forums for a while

Post by GrahamP »

Is there a problem with version 1.01 of ADITL Pt 1 - Freight? I do not seem to be able to download it. (It comes up with 'Downloaded 0 bytes in 1 second')
Guvnor

Post by Guvnor »

TO asalmon

Thanks, I will have a look and think about that.

(Trainsim is so finicky to alter compared to Flight Sim 98. File handling on that is a doddle in comparison)

Thanks

Ian
asalmon
Very Active Forum Member

Post by asalmon »

Ian

Yes, I think the biggest weakness of MSTS is its handling of missing files (or rather, lack of handling!)

Anyway, good news is the activity will be tweaked to use currently available stock.

-Alan

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”