RE11227

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

MartinH
Not a TooMuchTime user if his girlfriend asks!

Post by MartinH »

Just a quick post to say thanks to Simon for creating this activity and to offer feedback.

The activity installed without a problem and ran ok (although I haven't had time to go all the way yet). Very pleased to see real train times - turns a good activity into an excellent one.

Two points regarding the trains.

1. 151s on passenger work!! I suppose you have little choice at the moment. We need a red 141.

2. You should have used 215s instead of 218s. Cologne is definitely 215 country. I know I'm fussing, but thought you should know. :smile:

I'm currently testing the opposite working to your activity, but set in the 1970s with a green 141. I won't be uploading it for a while though as there are other activities ahead in the queue. I wrote a load for Newmarket and am now in the process of finishing them off ready for upload. You'll then be able to run your 218s through the Black Forest, where they belong.

Martin
simont
Very Active Forum Member

Post by simont »

1. Yeah, I know. They look the part though - certainly more so than 146s or even 145s...

2. I didn't know that actually. I'll bear it in mind. Mind you- those services have largely been taken over by the new (and nice) 'Talent' DMUs now.

Look forward to the return activity. Mind you, whenever I try to go that way with a stopping train I get a coupler break just outside Andernach- even with all of the upgrades.
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

Yes, Andernach is a problem. The patch fixed the bug to the south of the station, but now you get into bother on the northern side (except when driving Protrain stock). I managed it the other night using a 141 with 3 silberlinge (modified), but couldn't get it to work with the train of Umbauwagen.

I'm back on southern stuff at the moment, as I want to get the rest of my activities for ecml 3.1 uploaded before Tim brings out build 4 and renders the whole lot obsolete. However, I'm off home for a week's holiday next week and as my dad is probably one of the biggest DB fans in the country, I bet I'll end up running down the Rhine valley at some point.

Martin
simont
Very Active Forum Member

Post by simont »

I'm wondering whether I should put the NBS trains into my traffic patterns. They're showing up on the DB Timetable now for autumn, and I could have them leaving the line at Troisdorf.
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

Sod the NBS - there'll be no traffic left when that line opens :sad: I think I'm going to freeze things as they are with everything going down the Rhine. Much better than running through a long, straight, concrete cutting.

Martin

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”