The Flying Scotsman

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

Mattaf
Very Active Forum Member
Location: Milton Keynes: The New City (Next to johndibben) or Scratchwood Station, Platform 1, Cafe

Post by Mattaf »

Hello! Mattaf of Railtrack Virtual Works here! I have just uploaded the first in a series of 6 Activties. The activites are a steam trip across 2 routes, Fictional ECML Version 3.1 and The Settle-Carlise line.

In the first activity you drive the deisel locomotive, Nimbus, (Included in the download) to Newark. Any comments are welcome. Enjoy and look out for the second part, coming soon!
asalmon
Very Active Forum Member

Post by asalmon »

Hi there.

I downloaded the activity, but have some problems with it.

It seems to need a virgin i/c 125 as well as the two supplied locos.

The filename for the consist for the D9020 ends with a space which seems to confuse MSTS.

The above are both fixable. The main show-stopper is that the player path is broken. This crashes MSTS with the send/don't send message. I attempted to repair it in the activity editor - managed to get it all green, but as soon as you start you get an "activity ended-ignored red light" error.

I don't understand why the above occurs, or how come the path was broken in the first palce - I have version 3.1 and have not had trouble with any other activities.

-Alan
Mattaf
Very Active Forum Member
Location: Milton Keynes: The New City (Next to johndibben) or Scratchwood Station, Platform 1, Cafe

Post by Mattaf »

Thanks Alan. I'll see what I can do about it!
Mattaf
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Mattaf »

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mattaf on 2002-05-27 05:19 ]</font>
asalmon
Very Active Forum Member

Post by asalmon »

Hi Mattaf.

I do apologise. I have discovered the problem was an old path on my pc with the same name, seeming left over from version 3. When I install activities I generally say "no" to the overwrite question, but in this case since I noticed the problem file was dated january I let it overwrite.

I think it is a good idea for all activity creators, when they create paths, to include their initials in the name; or name the paths after the activity (I used to do the latter, but will start doing the former).

Sorry again for causing you unnecessary concern.

-Alan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: asalmon on 2002-05-27 02:51 ]</font>
asalmon
Very Active Forum Member

Post by asalmon »

Just to let you know, it now works fine.

(at least it start with no error, I've got to go to work now so don't have time to complete it)

-Alan
Mattaf
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Mattaf »

Great! Don't worry. I enjoy helping people with problems, and I hope to do some tutorials and put them up on thsi website. Enjoy the activity. Part 2 should be up in a few days time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mattaf on 2002-05-27 03:19 ]</font>
Mattaf
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Mattaf »

I have updated the Activity so that you only need the files included. Enjoy!
Mattaf
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Mattaf »

Hi everyone! Part 2 of The Flying Scotsman is up on this site! In this activity, you drive Nimbus to Wansford, stopping at evry station. Any comments are welcome. Enjoy!

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”