Activity writers wanted

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

saddletank
Very Active Forum Member

Post by saddletank »

I have taken a look inside AE and while I can put together a basic run, the arcane world of reversing points and AI consists is beyond me at present.

If anyone would like to assist by writing an activity for a WWI-1920s GWR branchline, please get in touch, preferably by e-mail. I would be very grateful to the person who can assemble some convincing activities for the route, to be included in the release. All stock is non-default.

I'm looking for several kinds of activity:

1) A passenger run from the junction up to the branch terminus and return bunker first.
2) A pick-up goods run from main line yard to branch terminus and back, dropping off and picking up wagons on the way.
3) A milk train run, with passenger coaches and milk siphons dropping off/collecting milk traffic en-route
4) Some shunting activities - one at a mileage yard, one delivering coal to a gasworks and one delivering ammunition trains then sorting them at a large WD ammunition plant.

Generally low speeds and lots of reversing points are the order of the day. Not much AI traffic except along the main line.
Martin
Very Active Forum Member

Post by longbow »

Martin - I'll volunteer, if you're not in too much of a hurry.
Neptune50006
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Neptune50006 »

I'll have a shot at it if you like :smile:
Gary.

"Perchance it is not dead but sleepeth."

http://www.lynton-rail.co.uk

Check out the (slow) progress of the L&B for RW here
MartinH
Not a TooMuchTime user if his girlfriend asks!

Post by MartinH »

Martin

I've just emailed you to say yes. As always, I'll use the real timetable for the passenger trains and try to ensure continuity between the activities (i.e. if you drop off wagons in a certain siding, you'd expect to see them when you drive past on the passenger run).

Martin
brownairwolf
Getting the hang of things now

Post by brownairwolf »

I'll have a bash. I feel like throttleing AE again. If someone could supply exact timetables it would be good as martinH said.
Nick
saddletank
Very Active Forum Member

Post by saddletank »

All the timetables for the branch (excluding military traffic - no joy there yet) are on the highworth website. What I haven't investigated yet are timetables for the main line, but with the problems most users will have with framerates on the main line (lots of scenery) I suspect only token train movements will be possible there.
Martin

Post by MartinH »

I have 1910 Bradshaw's timetable for whole of UK. Probably not too different over the following decade.

Martin
saddletank
Very Active Forum Member

Post by saddletank »

Excellent - but as I said don't put too much stuff in on the main line. For one there is only 3 miles of it and second frame rates will get a bid sad with anything more than very basic AI traffic.
Martin

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”