There is a lack of S&C1930's freight activities.

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

stewart
Well Established Forum Member

Post by stewart »

HI all,

There seems to be a lack of freight activities for Pat's 30's version of the line. Is anyone working on any? Or does anyone know of any that might be available for download?
Cheers,
Stewart.
MartinH
Not a TooMuchTime user if his girlfriend asks!

Post by MartinH »

Hang on, these things take time and some of us have lives outside msts.

Sorry Stewart, not getting at you. Yes, I've a got a few planned, but I'm busily putting together a series of Far North activities at the moment. I'm having to do these all together because the same trains are supposed to appear in each activity. In other words, if I time a freight for 8-00, this train must run at this time in all the activities.

If you like, I'll leave the Far North for a while and write you a pick-up goods train. Ivatt 2MT ok, with a few private owner opens and a few vans. Don't expect it soon, as Easter is booked up helping a friend move house.

Martin
Neptune50006
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Neptune50006 »

I think that most people that have got the route are still exploring it and working out the posibilities, like me :smile:
Gary.

"Perchance it is not dead but sleepeth."

http://www.lynton-rail.co.uk

Check out the (slow) progress of the L&B for RW here
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

I think I might be doing S & C activities sooner than I'd imagined since Daniel seems to be working on exactly the same Far North activities as me. The trouble with the Far North line is that there are so few trains that it is all too easy for two people to make exactly the same activities as I discovered this evening when I found Daniel's version of the 0614 to Tain (ok not identical as mine is set in the summer. At least with the S&C, you have a greater scope and there's room for everyone to make an activity or two.

Martin
numnutz
Established Forum Member

Post by numnutz »

HI,
I am trying to make activities that involve freight turns on the Mod S&C but I cannot seem to make a path out of Settle goods yard or any others that use the X-Tracks double slips - Anyone else have this problem?
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

I'll let you know how I get on.

Martin
stewart

Post by stewart »

Thanks guys, I cant wait to see your efforts.
Cheers,
Stewart.
Mr. 37

Post by 37714 »

I hope Xtracks doesn't rear its head again...

I intend to do a few activities when i receive the route (thanks Pat), however i hope i don't have to work around that kinda problem!
Cheers,
Mr. 37

Post by 37714 »

As an afterthought, I was thinking about how most activities only run for a few hours at most. I noticed Bob Peach's activitiy (A Day in the life) was set as 24 hours, however this was split up into 4 individual ones.

Are there any limitations on doing an activity that really does last for 24 hours?

I'm aware that people may not want to complete it all in one, but it would be nice to do the complete run - From steaming in the morning right down to parking up in the shed at night.
Cheers,
asalmon
Very Active Forum Member

Post by asalmon »

With all the testing etc. that's needed, I expect a 24 hr activity will take a year! It took me a few weeks to do a 40 minute one!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: asalmon on 2002-03-31 09:18 ]</font>
Mr. 37

Post by 37714 »

Yes, you're probably right!

Ahh well, it was an idea..
Cheers,
nwngrs
New to the Forums

Post by nwngrs »

Ive got an activity that is infinate. After some twenty hours of running on the computer the train is still stuck behind a red at Kirkby Stephen. This is on the original S&C as I can not get the 1930s version to run on my comp. End up driving a fire and a shadow down two shiny rails in the grass. Same with the ECML one. Must be this stupid computer.
Dougie.
stewart

Post by stewart »

Hi, Peiper's ECML activity creation tool kit has three full twenty four hour time tables which could be used to make an activity which lasted the whole day if desired,
Cheers,
Stewart.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: stewart on 2002-03-31 15:33 ]</font>
pdeee

Post by pdeee »

On 2002-03-30 18:47, numnutz wrote:
HI,
I am trying to make activities that involve freight turns on the Mod S&C but I cannot seem to make a path out of Settle goods yard or any others that use the X-Tracks double slips - Anyone else have this problem?

I just made up a couple of small activities around Carlisle, using Player and AI trains, made sure they went through single and double slips, encountered no problem at all.

Pat.
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

If anyone is really interested in a 24 hour activity, it could be done on a circular route such as North West trains or Protrain. In fact, you could set up the AI traffic to run around the same circle but in the opposite direction. Of course, you'd run out of fuel pretty quick and I'm sure you'd get bored.

Other than that, as Alan pointed out, it would take an eternity to create and test. Believe me, after you've made an activity to the standard where it can be uploaded, you are pretty sick of driving the same train over the same line. Lots of interesting S&C freights on the way, but must get those Safeway containers to Georgemas first.

Martin

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”