Player service using same line twice

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

Szlumper2
Getting the hang of things now

Player service using same line twice

Post by Szlumper2 »

I'm working on an activity for "Cambrian 2" for the Aberystwyth pilot loco.

The player path starts in the loco yard, reverses out on to the Down Line and into Platform 3. The loco then runs forward onto the Up Line to just past the goods yard entry points, reverses into the yard, runs forwards, picks up some wagons from the headshunt, back into the yard, then propels the wagons across to the Down Main to take them to Field Siding via Platform 2.

This all works fine in ORTS, but in MSTS, when I've crossed back to the Down Line, I find a signal against me near the loco yard exit (i.e. preventing me from travelling along the same piece of track I've already been along once). Pressing TAB doesn't give me permission to proceed.

Is there something else I need to do here (double reverse, perhaps?) or can I just not do this in MSTS?
stephenrwells
Established Forum Member

Re: Player service using same line twice

Post by stephenrwells »

Hi,

A quick thought - very often with MSTS, having several reverse points in the same section of track they need to activated in reverse order, ie. furthest first and closest last and each time the complete train must be after the last track node. This is not important with OR as you have already found.

Regards,

Stephen
Szlumper2

Post by Szlumper2 »

Hi Stephen

That's not the problem here as there are no reversing points on the actual section of track concerned.

1______________________ ________________________5
4__________________X___\A_____________B/_______________________2
\_________________3__________________/

In the (simplified) diagram above, the train starts at 1, runs to 2, then reverses via 3 to 4 and should reverse again to 5.

However it is being stopped by signal X.

The section of track between A and B should being used twice (in the same direction) but has no actual reversing points on it.
Szlumper2

Post by Szlumper2 »

Diagram redrawn with dots instead of spaces to maintain the formatting.
Szlumper2 wrote:Hi Stephen

That's not the problem here as there are no reversing points on the actual section of track concerned.

1______________________ .......................________________________5
4__________________X___\A_____________B/_______________________2
................. \_________________3__________________/

In the (simplified) diagram above, the train starts at 1, runs to 2, then reverses via 3 to 4 and should reverse again to 5.

However it is being stopped by signal X.

The section of track between A and B should being used twice (in the same direction) but has no actual reversing points on it.

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”